ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 sports cat or 182 manifold and sports cat?

clio 172 cup
What are the pros and cons with a 172 sports cat on the 4-1manifold or a 182 manifold with ktecs sports cat, its for my 172 cup (i dont want to decat btw)

clio 172 cup
if i fitted a decat, would the garage where i would take it for an mot fit the original cat before the mot and then fit the decat after the mot or is that illegal?

CLIO Iceberg 172
Keep the 4-1......it always seems the stronger performer.

hows that so?

when ever iv seen a performance zorst manifold its been 4-2-1,
and why would renualt go for that same option for the 182?

how dose it come out over the 4-2-1 from the 182?

You cant pass judgement just because you've seen performance exhausts with 4-2-1.

Tell F1 their 4-1 is pointless ;)

Its just our findings........they never, ironically, have as strong a midrange.

rps13
i have a sports cat and i wish i had burnt £120 instead of buying it. go with a silenced decat and full system dude

PH1 172 Sport
I found my sports cat freed the engine up quite a bit. But I would never pay the full price for one, I was just lucky some guy advertised it wrong on ebay :)

PH1 172 Sport
Doesn't a 4-1 manifold give higher peak power and 4-2-1 is suppossed to give a better midrange? Or is it the other way round?

EDIT: Sorry for not editing my other post. Senior moment!

Correct.....but that is just the very basic basic basic rule and it can very easily be thrown out the window.

Its about as firm a rule as summers in the UK are pleasant.

Ph1
Wouldnt bother with a sports cat. Too much money for nothing. Hardcore or nowt!

If you were to go for a 182 manifold its only a few minutes job to change a decat unlike the 4-1 set up you know ;)

On the road, i felt the 182 mani gave a lot stronger pull top end of the rev range than the 4-1 so from my experience would recommend it.

Clio 172
Ive got a sports cat , had a decat previously and noticed no difference in gains just alot less hassle come mot time