ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 problems :(

Late 57 Clio 172
Hi I'm new here and have just bought a very late registered 57 plate clio 172 sport.

I bought it with the dephaser rattling as I thought this would be a easy fix, now on a very gentle drive home the car began to missfire and created a very strong eggy smell, upon dipping the clutch to slow down for traffic lights the car stalled itself and refused to start.

We tow started the car and it ran again lumpy and only while being towed as soon as it come to dipping the clutch it died again.

Now I have the care home where do i start looking??

1378655_10153283816205290_974195588_n.jpg

clio 182
Sorry can't really help with your problem, I'm more curious to know how you have a 172 on a 57 plate?!

172 Cup
Has this car come from over seas maybe!? And check fault codes, my first bet would be the coil pack/HT leads/Sparkplugs

Many.
Where abouts are you? Thinking somebody with knowledge could give you a hand (I'm offering if you're local).

I'm guessing there was some kind of f**k up, or genuinely sat around a dealership for years. Impressive!

Clio 172 phase 1
Egg smell is cat related mates bora had the maf go and it hunted like mad on idle drove like s**t and then the cat went... As dan said coil pack and cat related... Going to be a sensor some place failed if the coil doesn't solve it