ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph2 wont start immobiliser?

Golf GTD Mk7
Ignore that. Flashing light, like everyone had mentioned is key related. Either the transponder, UCH (key validation issues), decoder ring or wiring from the ignition to the UCH. What happened when you used the spare key?

6/468 17poo
Ignore that. Flashing light, like everyone had mentioned is key related. Either the transponder, UCH (key validation issues), decoder ring or wiring from the ignition to the UCH. What happened when you used the spare key?

The spare key does exactly the same as the normal key i use!

Clio 172
The spare key does exactly the same as the normal key i use!

When my key went the spare also did the same. I put it down to the spare was the original key and had failed, so a previous owner had started using the spare and just put the original now faulty key as a spare (swapped a faulty key for the spare)

I had a new key sorted at Renault, cured all problems and both the keys that come with the car still produced faults

Golf GTD Mk7
Ah ok cool, that sounds like a serious amount of effort, ill see what the damage is at Renault, should hopefully get it there today....

You wont be saying that when renault give you the bill :( Good luck all the same. Changing the ECU, UCH etc is very easy to do fyi

6/468 17poo
Well its going for a diagnostic, they have told me that they will not do any work until they know the cost and fault.......apparently

Clio 172 2001
I'v had this problem, I turned the key one click so that the heaters came on left it for about 30 seconds took the key out tried again and it starts fine first time :) But it does seem to be a reoccurring problem when its cold, which when you live in wales is quite often....

6/468 17poo
After 2 hour diagnostic at Renault they have told me the UCH is shot, £400 part & fitting booo....

I could buy the whole lot off ebay but to be fair I have two keys and need two keys so figured I could probably do it second hand for around£200 but how long would a second hand UCH last when all the N3's are probably already 10 years old, so Ive bit the bullet and told the Renault guy "order the part"

First problem since ive had the car after 6 years!

172cup
So if mine is on its way out I'd need 2 key fobs and matching UCH and just swap the UCH and then swap blades over in the fobs so wouldn't have to change all the locks over

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
My DCi been giving me the flashing light treatment every now and then with my 'main' key, but is fine with my spare. Judging by how much that UCH thing is I hope mine isn't gonna think about packing up. Glad u got to the bottom of it tho.

6/468 17poo
Apparently a knackard UCH the car was checked on a diagnostic machine and after a couple of hours they found the fault!

At least I now have a bit more faith in the car and luckily I didn't get stranded anywhere!!