ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph 2. Seat Airbag deployed after catching the curb? I'm deaf

So I'm driving sensibly along and a cyclist pulls onto the road by me and instead of braking hard I think I have enough room to go round and between the central curb crossing point bit (sorry can't remember the name) and i clip the front driver side alloy on the curb which is only standard curb height.

The airbag from the right side of my driver seat deploys, engine cuts off and in left in shock thinking what has just happened. The smell and the powder in the car is overwhelming and I get out to think I've blown my tire out. The wheel has a minute 1.5" scuff on it and my air bag from the seat is flapping around after exploding in the side of my face. This happened est 10 minutes ago, I can't hear a thing out of my right ear.

Would I now need to replace the air bag and the seat entirely to turn off the warning lights or can I repair the seat and have the lights temporarily diminished until money can afford the full essential repairs.

All help is greatly appreciated
Dave

A sexy one
sounds unlucky, iv had my seat airbag go of before and replaced the seat and the light didnt go out

Ok looks like I'll have to do some digging on the forum to work out how to turn off the light :)

Thanks for your response

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
this happened to me in my 1.2, clipped a curb with my back left wheel and my passenger airbag went off, it all happened so fast i didnt know what it was, i also thought my tyre had blown.

i had to get a new seat but even then, my airbag + service light stayed on, i never put it into renault to get it cleared.

i think when the airbag goes off, the ecu thinks the car has been crashed and it locks itself.... or something like that.

Jay set an airbag off when we were messing about breaking my car. If I wasn't looking, I'd swear someone just fired a gun! Mental loud!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It stores airbag deployments in the airbag ecu, so you'll need to have the fault cleared

Kind of correct except the "Deployment" code cannot be removed (By CLIP anyway). There are places that can do it online though.

You will need to replace the seat airbag unit, covering and proberbly the pre-tensioner for that seat also... possibly even the side impact sensor.

Mick

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry to hear that mate.

How's your hearing now?? Come back yet??

As mentioned airbag faults are stored and would need to be turned off by plugging the car in.

Sent from Bonxys BlackBerry using Tapatalk.

www.renparts.co.uk
You will need to replace the seat, pretensioner, and send the airbag ECU away for a reset (most places charge £25) or you can swap the airbag ECU for another with the correct part number.

clio 1.2
i was driving along at 20mph and my airbag in my seat went off lol my rear seat belt on the right was locked and needed to be repleaced so check the seat belt to

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Forgot to say, my rear seatbelt was locked so I had to replace that too, also the airbag computer which cost a total of 300 fitted by renault!

Thanks for all your responses will read through them all properly tomorrow and reply (on phone)

Much appreciated thanks all