ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 not starting - please help!

Nikon D700
Evening all,

I've had a non-starting clio since the beginning of the year. Its really frustrating me, so I just left if on the drive for a while.

I've finally had some time to fiddle around with it. Last night i took off the plenum and all associates cables/connectors. Also took off the fuel rail and injectors. Put it all back together and it started first time.

After fitting a new battery (mine was dead), i went to start it this evening and it would not fire. Fuel is being delivered to the fuel rail, but the injectors aren't firing.

Now, my questions:

1) What will affect the injectors not firing?
2) Why, when i took it to bits and back together again did it work yesterday?

There only difference between last night and tonight are the battery, and tonight I had the air filter on.

If anyone has any advice then I would be much appreciative.

Cheers.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
damp connectors for the injectors.

could be a number of things - but damp or wet is probably the main cause.

try a small bit of contact paste on each connector or wd40 and leave to dry for a minute and see if that helps any

clio mk2
i take it its turning over? these can suffer from immobiliser problems, and there is a way to bypass it. check the red light on the dash doesnt flash like hell just before cranking it. if it does then it will be either the fob sync or a faulty intermittent immobiliser. ironically, ive just synced the keyfob today, cause like hell would it start, and then sometimes it would be fine.

have you checked theres no loose earth straps either?

HTH

ph2 172
hi bud think this you i have spoke to yesterday night, sounds like TDC sensor fault. The ecu needs to know what position the flywheels is in to make it start (fire). If there is a fault with the Tdc sensor then fuel will not be delivered to the injectors causing it to not start. This can be an intermitant fault so this is probably why sometimes it starts then does nt etc

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had this yesterday - had the car out yesterday morning for about an hour - all was fine! :)

Parked outside the house for about 2 hours, jumped in before I went to work and turned the key.....SILENCE :rolleyes:
No warning lights or sound out of it tried it a few times, locking & unlocking - no joy.

Was only in work for a a few hours covering a mate so tried the car when I got home - started 1st time without having to do anything :S

Ehhh...ummm - what in the hell was wrong with it?