ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 misfire

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
Hi all just got myself a 172 with an intermittent misfire, when it is missing it does it at all revs and doesn't clear then randomly will work for a short while, first I checked plugs and looks like some are newer than others but plug 2 was black compared to the others
a30ef0162df3310df262536047be42a0.jpg

So with it running 1 by 1 removed the coil leads from the coilpack, and with cylinder 2 removed it runs but rougher, with 3 removed it doesn't seem to change the misfire, with 1 or 4 removed it cuts out, so that made me think cylinder 3, even though it was plug 2 that showed running issues. I then checked the code reader and it said cylinder 3 fuel injector fault. So swapped cylinder 3 and 4 injectors and it didn't show a fault this time, but still was missing. So again 1 by 1 removed the injector plugs, 1 and 4 again caused it to cut out, 2 made no real difference, and 3 was a bit rougher running. It already had cylinder 1 injector renewed by previous owner when fault started.
So why am I getting different clues to the issue being plugs showing cylinder 2, coilpack showing cylinder 3, obd showing injector 3, and when pulling injector plugs showing cylinder 2, any other advice or things to test, got a multimeter so if anyone knows and readings worth taking I'll check them, also I am right in thinking it's cylinder 1 at belt side and 4 and box side?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Swap coilpack and leads for a working set

I have a coilpack and leads also have 3 working injectors here if your intrested

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
if the plugs l-r are pulley-flywheel then that's no.3 that's the black plug.
The plugs came out in order so the left one is the timing belt side, and the last one is closest gearbox, so I thought it was plug 2, but have I got it wrong way round, is it plug 3

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
Swap coilpack and leads for a working set

I have a coilpack and leads also have 3 working injectors here if your intrested
Will have a think about it see if I can get any local first cheers

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
yup, no.3 plug is the black one. got flashing eml?
I did have, since I've cleared it it didn't return but I'm not using the car so will have a look about today and see if I can get it to come on