ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Front spring

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Any idea how much a standard 172 front spring is?

Also is it worth changing both sides at the same time. It looks like the offside has snapped but the other looks fine but im no expert. Is there any consequences from driving the car while it is broken?

Cheers

Black R26, Iceburg 172
The handling hasnt felt right tbh and its definitely snapped. Also the brakes dont feel too strong dont know if this could get affected as a result of the springs??

Old man is taking it to garage tomorrow but if doesnt get fixed i may well message you with an offer cheers.

Will it be ok to continue driving with it snapped?

172 ph2
I drove with a front spring snapped for a week or so (after noticing so possibly longer) and it was 'fine' but I was being careful. Speed bumps were horrific but as long as you don't go chucking around I wouldn't worry too much.

I think it cost me about £50 to get it fixed at a garage. I asked if it was worth having both springs replaced but they said the other was fine so just had the one done and not had any issues handling wise since.

Rear one was ridiculous - about £90.00 plus VAT. Better off buying a set of Eibach Pros and doing the whole lot for £130.00 (like I didn't do, but wish I did....)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Black R26, Iceburg 172
My old man got quoted £115 for one front spring and fitting including vat.

Does that sound expensive because it does to me?? :S