ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 FF to WRX STI

STI JDM
Can't believe I done this but just put a deposit down on a 51 plate wrx sti import in white. It was more of a spur of the moment thing after having a view of the car. I was very impressed with the whole thing and instantly fell in love with it without even considering the running costs.

I must say, the owner is an enthusiast and has done a very good job maintaining this car without sparing no expense getting the motor to where it is. It's in mint condition inside and out... and there isn't a scratch on the bodywork or wheels.

I always thought subaru's were a bit chav and ugly but in my opinion, this has been tastefully modified, (nomore bug eyes!) and only subtle upgrades to the engine. I'm not into big loud exhausts and beefy engines, I've always kept my car standard. This thing isn't super loud with a gigantic exhaust but sounds like one of the pod racers off The Phantom menace, bom bom bom bom bom. I actually love the noise.

I really don't know what made me go for it. I want to feel regretful but to be honest, I can't wait for the keys to be in my hands. I haven't owned a car quicker than my clio so this is a real big step for me. Supposedly it's running 317bhp but we'll see how it fairs on the RR.

I wouldn't mind any tips from anyone with past experience with a subaru. I just hope I won't regret this! :)

Jon

STI JDM
I pick the car up when funds clear which should hopefully be around mid-week (Bloody bank holiday weekend!). Have recently bought a new camera aswell so should be able to take some decent pics.

Golf R soon...
Sounds good to me!

I almost went for a WRX STI Type UK with PPP the other day but decided against purely because I didn't need a car that big.

Fuel comsumption is going to be a suprise! I took one out for a "quick" spin and managed to get about 13 mpg

As long as it's only used sparingly for pleasure it will be a blast. It's using them as everyday comuter that will bust your poke. lol

Astra van,Mk1 nova
booooooooooooo:rasp: thats what i want to upgrade to aventually, white blob eyed sti. Cant wait to see the pics mate:D i wouldnt be here with a cup if i could get insured on a CTR;) How old are you and whats the insurance like?

C

Curtiz

Get a we sound clip posted when you can :) very hard to beat the boxer burble :D

good luck with it! health to drive and all that :)

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I went from a 285bhp 02 bugeye to my 182 Cup...... the scooby used way 2 much petrol. Bloke i Know as well Gav (hes on here) he went from a 182 to a Scooby back to a 182. Just wasnt impressed with it like I wasnt.

But hope it all works out for ya mate

clio 200 F4Rt
i concur with everyone that had one and had to get rid due to the running costs!!!

nice, fast cars yet, but worth the all the extra cost for more fun.... you would be hard pushed to tell!!

Deja vu 182
Im mentioned above i went to 02 wrx from 182 , now back in different 182 . Personally didn t enjoy Subaru , economy was shocking 180 miles to £55 . But i d wanted one for years and had to have one . Hope you enjoy yours .:D (p.s glad to be back in 182 , 197 cup next :cool: )

172 /megane cab
ive just gone from a 2003 uk300 back to a clio sport they are fun but every one wants to look at them talk shite about them to you does ya head in after a few months

Clio 197
i had a WRX before i got my 197. i absolutly loved the accelaration it had, it pisses all over the clio. BUT be warned their very expensive to run. it cost me a fortune in fuel and then i had engine trouble which i spent hundreds of pounds on but couldnt fix and couldnt even find what was wrong. this is why i had to sell it. So thrir good when they work but are a nightmare when they break. Hope youv'e bought a good one. You might miss the clios handling.