ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 FF Suspension

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there any point changing the suspension on my 172 if i'm not willing to spend £500+?

I'm looking to lower the stance of the car and am happy with how it handles at the moment. Is there a way of keeping a similar standard of handling and ride comfort but lowering it slightly.

Anything anyone would reccomend?

Cheers,

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just had Eibach Pro's fitted, couldn't believe the difference it made. Had Sportline's on my 182, personally I'd go for the Pro's, the ride is better than standard and makes a massive improvment to the handling. Sporline's are lower, but the ride does get a bit agitated.

172 /megane cab
im goin to give a set of cup springs ago if i was to fit eibach s dont think my car would get over the parking posts in our car park

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds interesting.

Are springs easy to fit as i'm an idiot or is it somat that someone else would have to do?

320d
Cup is 5mm lower than standard 172

Think you're best off with sportlines but there's always a slight compromise in comfort when lowering a car

Any one fancy putting pictures up of there cars lowered, and what springs they have and how low they are?

BMW M135i
Got Pro-Kit springs on mine, well worth the £125 imo. Not sure anything else would warrent the changing without spending big money.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Is there any point changing the suspension on my 172 if i'm not willing to spend £500+?

I'm looking to lower the stance of the car and am happy with how it handles at the moment. Is there a way of keeping a similar standard of handling and ride comfort but lowering it slightly.

Anything anyone would reccomend?

Cheers,
Full KONI ADJUSTABLE kit can be had for under £400. Having had Sportslines on my previous Clio, I would say there pretty similar to the Koni and lower about the same, 25-30mm. Shocks have top adjustable damping, front and rear and kit comes with lifetime warranty. Grear value for ££££ imo.