ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 feeling unstable and very tail happy in the wet

Hi guys basically got this problem with my 172 at speed it feels very skittish and when i go around any corner at most speeds in the wet i start sliding. I turned left at 20mph yesterday and ended up sideways and on a gentle curve at 60mph ( just after leaving a dual carrigeway ) I ended up facing the wrong way.
The car has budget tyres at the back but could this really be causing this much of an issue? Is there anything else i should look for?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If they are properly s**t tyres then yes, my 182 had heros on the back when I bought it and it was scary how easy it would lose the backend even at very sensible speeds. They were removed after driving it home from the dealers the next day for performance tyres and the difference was night and day.

Had a quick look in the dark rear shocks look ok but ill replace them anyway as I need a new spring and the Event and Rotalia tyres on the rear are near the limit.
Cheers guys.