ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust fitting guide?

Cup 172
Hi guys stupid request i know but had a blast at fitting another exhaust tonight had had some trouble getting the old one off granted i was lay on the path with limited tools - but im the "ill just pay for it to be done" kinda guy but i want to start learning how to do stuff for myself other i never will learn, does anyone have a how to guide on how to replace the standard backbox? and best methods and ways to go about it? i found the back axle a right b*st*rd to work around

​Cheers :)

2004 ph2 172
Im back here after a long spell away - so trying to do my bit helping out.

You'll find that exhaust work is suddenly WAY easier if you can get the car a little further off the ground and if you KNOW it's secure and not going to fall on you.

Get yourself a pair of axle stands (a tenner? fifteen quid?), and get the back of the car off the ground. Don't lift under the rear beam or spring-beds, because that lifts the rear beam into the path of the work you're trying to do.
Once you can get yourself under the back box itself, you'll find it's FAR easier to heave and shove it in all the right ways to get it on/off the rest of the pipe.

Another thing: Just as an extra security thing, Put your spare wheel on the ground under the rear right wheel - if you have ballsed up and put your axle stands in a bad place, at least you won't get crushed.

Im back here after a long spell away - so trying to do my bit helping out.

You'll find that exhaust work is suddenly WAY easier if you can get the car a little further off the ground and if you KNOW it's secure and not going to fall on you.

Get yourself a pair of axle stands (a tenner? fifteen quid?), and get the back of the car off the ground. Don't lift under the rear beam or spring-beds, because that lifts the rear beam into the path of the work you're trying to do.
Once you can get yourself under the back box itself, you'll find it's FAR easier to heave and shove it in all the right ways to get it on/off the rest of the pipe.

Another thing: Just as an extra security thing, Put your spare wheel on the ground under the rear right wheel - if you have ballsed up and put your axle stands in a bad place, at least you won't get crushed.

Couldn't have put it any better, and the spare wheel is a good idea too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2