ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 drive shaft boot

2001 172,VW Touran
Today i noticed a sticky substance on my near side wheel which at first i thought was tyre application grease and turned out to be the grease out of my drive shaft boot.Went in to the parts department to order a new boot kit i was informed that they only list one.Then they told me that if it dont fit i would have to buy a complete drive shaft after a technical note popperd up on the screen.Any one else had this problem. The part no. for the kit is7701469021

Mégane RS
yeah knackers the driveshaft, the renault kits you need to take off the whole wheel hub etc

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had the same problem on my old 172 , both metal clips snapped on the cv boot . If its just the clips cable ties will do .Just got myself a new 182 so i've already put 8mm cable ties over the clips in the hope i don't encounter this problem in the future .

MrBillyUK !

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Would it not be possible to buy a non renault cv boot and a sachet of grease from a motor factors?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You can buy cv grease from any motor factors . Not sure about the cv boot , why would you want a non renault boot ?

MrBillyUK !

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If it's just the clips that have snapped & the boot doesn't have any holes or rips, top the grease up & tie up with some strong wire or cable ties as MrBillyUK said.