ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup- Young Driver Insurance?

Sup.

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company for young drivers on a 172?

Bar the search engines, i'll have a quick snoop around see what I come up with but any specific companies I should try?

Mike.

Titanium 182
How old are you first of all?

I'm 19 and it isn't too bad, but it depends what you consider to be 'cheap' I guess.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
TBH at 17 i think hell be looking at considerbly more than £2k.

I wouldnt waste my money on insurance just to have a car faster than my mates. Get a 1.2/1.4 or something for 12months/2years and then look into getting a faster car.

Was a 197
yes, get some ncb's under your belt first, or if your that desperate for a 182 then try doing the pass luss scheme (if they still do it), i did and my insurance was 30% less than what it would have been. you have find a list of insurance companies that give you the maximum discount for pass plus, then weight up the option of doing it if it will save you money on your insurance.

For example if your insurance is £1500, to do the pass plus its lets say £250, and after doing it, youir insurance is now £1100, you have saved £150 just by having a bit of experience of high speed driving (which is what pass plus is basically)

The clio mk2 ph2 1.2s are only group 3 insurance and i think the 1.4 is group 4

For my first car i had a renault 5 1.2, i loved it so much much fun just from a 1.2!!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
lol @ having a cup at 17.
And demon racer he wont be "touching" the 2k mark, he will have slammed through at 70 mph in his 1.2 he can afford to get insured on. im struggling to get it NEAR the 2k mark at 19 with 2YNCB.

no offence lad but at 17 and presumably for your first car i wouldn't be touching a cup. your more than likely no where near experienced enough and will probably end up driving it into a church roof or something.

buy a 1.4 for a year/two it flies by and you'll save yourself a s**t load:)

Clio 182 RB
As Boosh said mate! im 19 with NO ncb and im paying £3k...runs out in may though drops down to £1700 :)

320d
Believe me the way isurance is at the minute a 1.4 would be touhcing 2K.

17 in a 172 cup would easily be 3-4K imo.

Ph1 172
Learn to drive first dude 1.2/1.4.

To think back at how bad i was at driving at 17 (Even though you think your the dogs b****cks at the time) - If someone would have given me a 172 I would definitly have killed myself.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
I'm in a 1.2 - first years insurance with direct line - £1,800

I searched for ages and that was the cheapest I could find.

Reality check bump ^^

1.2 extreme, now in bits
i've recently got quoted on a 172 cup - £1300 ish and thats with me being 23 and having 1yr NCB, i reckon insurance companies would tell you to naff off nicely!

rps13
the premium will be high for a reason.

in all fairness mate i know i wouldn't have been ready for a 172 at 17.

everyone crashes their first car, especially people who want to go fast.

the cup is not a car you want to crash in. get a 172(non cup) if you have to but expect to pay 3k plus

320d
I had my cup when I was 17, and 2 years on I havnt had any accidents yet! (touch wood)

On your parents insurance? if not then you must be a CS millionare, I know insurance prices in NI are much higher than the UK anyway.

Your not allowed over 50 or something for the 1st year either are you, bet you stuck to that in a cup :rasp:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Nowt wrong with getting a 172 at 17. You just have to be sensible and be prepared to pay through the roof.

its not like a 172 is a supercar or out, just a fast hatch.

not everyone crashes thier first cars.

carl

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I had mine at 17. 172's aren't super cars lol.

I was paying £1400 fully comp on a good old fleet policy.

MCS R56
The car will be worth circa £4K. Insurance will be in the region of £2-3K.

Surely you can see that it's not worth it. You should go ahead and get lubed up as the insurance company is gonna take you up the Jay Haas!

S3, HD Nightster
I had mine at 17. 172's aren't super cars lol.

I was paying £1400 fully comp on a good old fleet policy.
That's not really the point though... not all of us can get on a fleet policy. I was paying £1300 at 17 to insure my 1.1 106.

Iceburg 172
im only 18 but work insures me so its cheap as chips, all of the companies i went to privately told me no way, apart from the rediculous ones of 2k upwards