ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup vs ek9

Coupe/Defender V8
mint but the spoiler ruins it. Never really played with one of these - just cam your cup and don't tell him and rip him a new v-tec **** hole :)

Tav

Clio 197
I'd have a Championship White EK9, I like them a lot. Not sure about being faster than a Clio...I'd pick the Clio in a straight line, other than that it's down to the driver. Can't see either having much trouble keeping up with the other round a track. If the two cars are standard (i.e down to original spec. tyres etc.) then the Clio might have the edge.

Civic is certainly a better base for tuning/racing.

The black one looks gay, kind of misses the point of a Type R.

GTD, Lupo
I take it this is phillyt of e38s car. Stunning. Still not 100% on the spoiler but the car is ace.

Paul

GTD, Lupo
I was sitting behind one of these but in White today. It had a MASSIVE exhaust and coilies. Handled really well. Never got a chance to give it a go due to traffic but was wondering how one of these would do against my 200 (save making a new thread) :D

Paul

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I LOVE that, minus the spoiler, I never used to be a fan of EK9's as people used to claim they were the fastest and best thing since sliced bread, but people have got more realistic with them, and to be honest, i've had an EP3, an FN2, and i'm currently looking at ek9's, FN2 is costing too much to mod, ep3 is a clit car and for a 1.6, theres nothing out there N/A that can touch an EK9.

Tav

Clio 197
Colt/Mirage MiVEC Cyborg do-dah could touch it I believe, almost similar on power and 1600cc.

96mirage2f.jpg

Trophy #490
In my top 20 cars of all time, a Championship White EK9 would be there, I love them that much. Saw one on the Woodhead Pass the other Saturday, very rare to see them about and it looked brilliant. Given the choice between the two, I'd have an EK9 every single time. I'd even have a modded EK4 over a Cup, there's one around my way with Spoon bits and the noise is unreal!

An EK9 would have replaced my Trophy, if it wasn't for the ridiculous insurance costs. It would have cost around £800 more to insure than my R26! :dapprove:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as most of you know my mate used to own a standard engine wise one. my 172 used to pull on it with ease but thats running 190bhp/160lb/ft

i recon standard vs standard it would be very close.

handling wise, personally i wouldnt say one is better than the other, low speed tight corners the civic puts its power down very nicely with that lsd. but then again both me and my mate were running different springs so cant compair standard to standard

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
as most of you know my mate used to own a standard engine wise one. my 172 used to pull on it with ease but thats running 190bhp/160lb/ft

i recon standard vs standard it would be very close.

handling wise, personally i wouldnt say one is better than the other, low speed tight corners the civic puts its power down very nicely with that lsd. but then again both me and my mate were running different springs so cant compair standard to standard

Has Alan (is that his name?) Still got his 9 Martin?

I love his car, was every greatfull he took me out in it back at the rolling road day :eek:

Clio Trophy 182
You should win 80 percent sure cuz I beat one with my standard cup. Very very close tho. More torques less talks

Swift Sport
Off topic...

What's the difference between an EK4 and a EK9??

I had a play with one and I don't know what it is lol.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Off topic...

What's the difference between an EK4 and a EK9??

I had a play with one and I don't know what it is lol.

An ek4 is only a 1.4i, well the SIR versions anyway, f**king quick for a 1.4, I had a play with a mildly tuned one in my ep3 and it hung on not bad til 70 or so..

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
actually, wrong, the ek4 uses the B16a engine, my mistake, 170ps, so just between a jordan and an ek9....

s1 williams/106gti
both great cars in my opinion , either or would be great but the ek9 has the ''is that a.......?'' factor

Dynamique Flamer
I see this EK9 the one the OP is on about drive down my road practically every day looks cool and sounds feckin awesome :approve:

On its ass
actually, wrong, the ek4 uses the B16a engine, my mistake, 170ps, so just between a jordan and an ek9....

An ek4 is a jordan just a jordan is yellow, same engines.

Rad looking be better with a spoon rep, or mugen spoiler imo!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'd wash it out with soap just for you Danny boy.

I've found a minter of an EK9 I'm "enquiring" about soon love ;)

It had best be Championship Beige for you safety :eek:

Seriously though you thinking of one?

If you werent already my hero you would be if you bought one :)

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
It had best be Championship Beige for you safety :eek:

Seriously though you thinking of one?

If you werent already my hero you would be if you bought one :)

Champ white yes, obv. Don't want another silver car and blacks for nymphs tbh.

need to sort out the finances though, but surprisingly it's a good £150 cheaper to insure than my fn2, cheaper tax, cheaper tyres and about a million percent cheaper to tune..

AND the fact that good, standard, decent mileage b-series engines won't be around forever is what's making me want to get one before it's too late.

and if i'm you're hero you're my hero, when's the next gathering man a miss you? xxxxxxxx