ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Update: Not good news

172 Cup
:dead: R.I.P :dead:

DSC03536.jpg

:cry::cry:Sorry to tell everyone this but she died at christmas!! :cry::cry:

I was laid off just before christmas time, and was driving to the pub rather pissed off as you can imagine! The road was greasy from the drains over flowing and I kinda ended up in the kerb!!

The damage didn't look too bad to start with, NSF wheel was F**ked and pushed into the arch but looked repairable. That was until the recovery!!!! They managed to pull the drive shaft out the box and thats what made them write it off as they didn't want to chance the repair of the gearbox!! :dapprove:

I'm currently driving a '97 Honda Civic VTi but want to get another cup as our love affair was far too short and I had plans :rasp:
I'm really not enjoying the civic atm, it just doesn't suit my driving style. There's no torque and I hate having to change down 2-3 cogs to overtake! I also don't like the steering....there's just no weight to it.

8.jpg

Once the Civic is gone I'll be looking for another Cup. If you guys know anyone that's looking for a good civic then please let me know.

Matt.

106 GTI
whats happened with the cup? did you not buy it back?

The skiv has potential...dont let christopher see you wanting to sell it

172 Cup
whats happened with the cup? did you not buy it back?

The skiv has potential...dont let christopher see you wanting to sell it

Na mate, didn't buy it back as I didn't know where my next pay cheque was coming from and they had valued the damage at £3200 :S So out of the £4250 they paid out, the repair bill would have been £3.2k plus what ever it would have been to buy it back and I would be left with a car only worth £2.5k so didn't seem like a good idea. Plus they didn't know how the gear box was so I took the cash.

I was planning to put a DC2 integra type r engine into the civic but I just don't have the time atm with my new job and really don't fancy putting that much cash into it!

Matt.

2000 1.4
unlucky, I know what you're saying about the civic, my best mates got one virtually the same and I hated it when i drove it. Won't be long till you get another cup hopefully!

Clio 172 Cup
Put a purple rinse through yer hair and the civic should grow on you ;)
Sorry about the cup.
It is funny tho how after i got my clio i felt the urge to tell people to change their hair.

172 Cup
Put a purple rinse through yer hair and the civic should grow on you ;)
Sorry about the cup.
It is funny tho how after i got my clio i felt the urge to tell people to change their hair.

LOL!!

I was thinking a pink rinse would be better!

172 cup
gutted you should of brought it back and fixed as funds allowed. Wouldnt cost more then 1k if you did some hunting around

182 Cup
Where is the cup now!! I want the drivers door! :D Gutted for you though mate, I know the feeling.

172 Cup
Looks like the civic will be gone soon :approve: Just waiting for the cash now and I'll be off shopping for another Cup ;)

Matt.