ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Toy

172 Cup
Bit of good news for the car today, in search of the knocking and too see if it is the driveshaft i stripper the front end down.

IMG_0091.jpg

Front bumper was off so i could just replace the under tray part.

Stripped all parts down, checked everything for play, took the driveshafts to get checked and everything was fine which was a little fustrating so rebuilt everything back up. Then on the way home noticed there was no knocking at all from the front end. So result in the end. Must have been something had moved or dislodged but just gald its all sorted.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Shame to see it go mate, it's easily the best cup on here! Should sell quick too considering the mods and all the extras you're throwing in with it!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
shame to see this one for sale, hope it stays in the club when it goes.

172 Cup
Keeping the suspension on it or are you able to return it back to oem suspension?

I have standard dampers but with 25mm PI springs as thats what it came on.

The price does have a descent amount of movement in it and am willing to just do it with one set of wheels extra.

172 Cup
Update
Bit of an update. Good update for me aswell. The girlfriends dad is buying the car from me. Lets just say he has some sersouis issues and is not scared of spending money. Not going to say too much untill its decided but will be impressive. Im sure Fred will agree that what ever he goes with it will be good.

Fiesta ST2
at least its staying in the family. he owns you now :p

p.s i love the way in those pics the further you go down the dirtier the wheels get from the brake dust!

Lionel Richie
Update
Bit of an update. Good update for me aswell. The girlfriends dad is buying the car from me. Lets just say he has some sersouis issues and is not scared of spending money. Not going to say too much untill its decided but will be impressive. Im sure Fred will agree that what ever he goes with it will be good.

he's mental!

172 Cup
Winter Update

Thought i may aswell stick a quick update. So the father in law has had the car a couple months now, he has now got a second cobra sebring in for the passenger with a Schroth harness, carbon door cards fitted upfront then just some front and rear strut braces. He has also stickered the car up as advertising.

So since he has had it he has only made it too Mallory park, Nurburgring and me and him took a trip up to Donnington.

So heres a couple of pics from Donny.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

So now it has come off the road for the winter and being stored at his mates. During the winter it will be having some engine work. A C30/94 Rotrex will be going, last i heard he was aiming for 260-280bhp which should be fun!

I will try and keep the thread updated anyway.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I really wanted to buy this car, but your dad had it off you two weeks before I had the dosh ready!! Loved it!