ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup speedo fault?????

KF1

Clio R27 F1
Hi, I have a problem with my speedo, it works most of the time but occasionally drops down to zero whatever speed I am travelling at, when this happens I notice that the car speeds up very slightly. When the speedo eventually decides to come back to normal the car slows very slightly again. This issue also seems to affect 1. the odometer i.e. when speedo drops to zero mileage counter does not increase and 2. the windscreen wipers i.e. if speedo drops to zero the wipers, if switched on to constant stop working (thinks car is stationary). Any ideas??????
Thanks.

172 Cup
Hi mate, Sounds like its your Speedo Sensor the one that sits on top of the gearbox mines gone aswell, I havent noticed the Wipers but theres def a change in performance when it drops down to 0..
Cheers

KF1

Clio R27 F1
Thanks for the info, hopefully that is the prob and is not to expensive to sort!! Cheers

172 Cup
The part from Renault is about £20 mate just got one for mine, they normaly have them in stock as its a common fault..