ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup rear brakes!

HBT 172 Cup
If you buy genuine, it comes with the bearings pre installed. Non genuine discs rarely do.

Genuine rear discs can be had for a decent price it makes no sense to buy something else.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You can get them both with and with out bearings. But as above you're best getting them with them built in already. No messing and then you know they're good for a while to come, especially on the 172 Cup models

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No worries. Got Brembo or Renault in, both use same good quality bearings.

Good idea to check if the little spacer/washers are present behind the rear discs and fitted right way round aswel mate, if your current bearings are droning

PB Clio 172
If you buy genuine, it comes with the bearings pre installed. Non genuine discs rarely do.

Genuine rear discs can be had for a decent price it makes no sense to buy something else.

not just OEM parts, plenty of other makes come with the bearings in

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No worries. Got Brembo or Renault in, both use same good quality bearings.

Good idea to check if the little spacer/washers are present behind the rear discs and fitted right way round aswel mate, if your current bearings are droning

This.

I ordered one from G 172 along with the replacement discs (with bearings) - as my offside rear started to drone and got hot in a matter of days. When I stripped the droning side, the washer was the wrong way around (probably my fault from the previous swap over, tbh).

The washer has two different sides - one tapered, the other straight. Just make sure that the tapered side goes on, facing the car first and the straight side goes against the new disc being fitted.

I would recommend a little wipe of your ABS sensor while you're there (mine was caked in s**t both sides) - but as you're running a 172 Cup, you're clearly free of that issue!

D.

Astra (H) VXR
I got the mintex ones off G172.. Came with wheel bearings and abs rings attached (non cup) great delivery as well.. Next day.