ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup or 182 cup?

clio 172 cup
as the title really is there any difference in them minus the twin pipes its just that seen nice inferno 182 cup but its 700 more than a silver 172 cup just wondering is there any difference were any kinks ironed out from the 172 when they made 182??

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
172 cup got lower, firmer suspension, wider track, larger rear spoiler, lip splitter and turinis. more raw, track prepped version of the standard 172

you couldnt spec a 172 with the cup parts

182 cup got lower suspension, grey wheels, larger rear spoiler and lip splitter. pov spec version of the standard/ff 182 tbh

you could spec a 182 with the cup spoiler/splitter and suspension making it a full fat 182. so picking a 182 cup over a ff is silly... in CS's opinion

172s and 182s are essentially the same car though

clio 172 cup
im not interested in traction controll abs or air con so no ff for me seems silly to pay the extra for me to rip it out, i know the 172 cup is amazing i used to own one! its just i love the inferno orange so in a sense i suppose im asking if i got the 182 cup will it be exactly like the 172 in terms of driving handling ect because then i can have the best of both worlds

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
182 cup seats are far more supportive than the half leather FF seats.. Just sayin...

i dont miss any of the stuff you get in an ff tbh.. Especially the annoying buzz of the climate sensor