ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup or 182 cup?

Well, if you're set on the 182, and your budget is ultra-tight, then consider a 182Cup. They'll be the cheapest 182s about I would have thought. Only available in Racing Blue or Inferno, though.

Megane Trophy, Golf
182Cup if you want AC, cruise/limiter.

I personally do actually use the speed limiter quite often but that's because I like to be able to watch the actual road ahead and keep my license at the same time :) No way could I live without AC either. I use it pretty much year round. If you want a misted up car in the winter, and molten b****cks in the summer, then get the 172 ;)

FLOL - You never heard of winding your windows down then, I have never had any problems with getting too hot or steamy lol ;)

172 Cup, then retro fit a 182-style backbox. Job done!

Why would you want to do that? Thats the worst part of the 182.

Just buy a late 172. You'll get cruise and then add some coilovers. Done.

Although the 172 Cup is the best colour from that range.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Why would you want to do that? Thats the worst part of the 182.

Just buy a late 172. You'll get cruise and then add some coilovers. Done.

Although the 172 Cup is the best colour from that range.

I wouldn't do it either, I was suggesting it to the OP as he likes the 182 exhaust.

I'm a stealth down-pointer man myself...

Megane Trophy, Golf
Yeah I heard the lack of AC takes 6 seconds off the 0-100mph time ;)

Anyway fair play. Only banter. Personally I would never have a car without at least AC.

IIRC I'm so damn hot, that keeping me cool takes more than an open window.

No worries mate, I just nesh lol ;)

182 Cup
I can't believe that not one person yet has mentioned the really, really cool silver cup badges on the doors of the 182 cups.

Focus ST3
My old 172cup was the dogs... it was slightly ghey as it had CC, but it makes up for that by having no queer ABS for nancy boys.

Can't go wrong with them tbh, only go 182 if you must have a newer car.

I must say, I sometimes wish my 182Cup had no ABS. It does sometimes annoy me but, I guess with my sensible hat on, I'm glad it's there on the off chance that I might need it in the wet. I think it would f**k me off on a track though.

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
Just as a point of reference, there is a Cliosport buyers guide in Performance Car this month.

Says the set up on the 182cup is slightly stiffer than the 172cup!? Not sure if that's correct or not.

Take a look, it's a good read.

Oh, and I'd get a 172cup hence I own one!

Clio 172 Cup
This is the source of the info:

CliosChassis.jpg