ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Newbie

Hi everyone

I have been on the forum for a while now but I havn't put anything up and I thought it was about time to change that. I bought the car last year and have had a mixed experience with it to say the least. It came with a full service history with dephaser and cambelt done – which was the important thing.

I have since found that the timing is out, which I guess means that the cambelt wasn’t done correctly when it was changed. A right pain! In an attempt to find the slight running problem I have changed the coil pack, leads and plugs.

The cars got 75k –ish on the clock and it seems that everything is coming to the end of its life about now. It has recently failed the MOT due to a cracked o/s/f spring. I have replaced all the springs with Eibach Sportline springs, which don’t actually drop the car much but do make it a bit stiffer which is fine by me. Especially as the cost of the 4 springs is about the same as the 2 front cup springs

Whilst the car was up in the air to change the springs I found a few other parts that need to be done as well. All 4 shocks need to be replaced, along with top mounts and also the brakes need doing soon.

Other than the above the car is pretty good. Its clean and a lot of fun to drive. Anyway here are some pics!

20150312_133749.jpg

20150312_133739.jpg

20150312_133520.jpg

20150312_133720_1.jpg