ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup ECU Firmware?

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Would anyone know what firmware the ECU should be running on a 172 Cup 2003?

I've been informed that my car has a remap, I've managed to find out what firmware my ECU is running and thought I would be able to tell from this?

Golf GTD Mk7
Hard to tell mate. Depends what software you have to read it.Renault Clip wouldn't tell you. Is there something wrong with it, or are you trying to prove it's mapped? Idle and rev limiter are usual signs.

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
I've gone by the details RSTuner has given me.. I've been out in 2 other Cups and know there is a good kick of power at 5k.. My car doesn't have this and is progressive throughout the rev range. 2 of the cars have the same exhaust and filter.

I know not all engines are the same and what not but its a massive difference when driving the 2. I just want to confirm this could possibly be down to the so called remap my car was said to have. Personally I don't like how my car pulls through the rev range.

As for idle, it's lumpy and limiter is 7250 I think.. Can't be sure atm.

Golf GTD Mk7
If you've got firmware off rstuner, that's just for the rstuner box, not the ecu unfortunately. What number does it give? 1.85?

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
I did think this just after I posted when I took a look at the pic I took.. I can't see 1.85?

Golf GTD Mk7
Firmware number is on the back of the rstuner itself. It sounds like you have a timing issue to my mate. Either that or it's in your head ;)

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Ah right.. I sold the RSTuner on now lol.. I put the money towards other stuff. I did think it could be down to timing, the belts have been changed by the last owner with invoice of work.. Oh well.

Cheers for your input btw :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Sure the remap hasn't smoothed the 'kick' out? That's what tends to happen as the map give you more torque below 5k

Still idle shouldn't be lumpy, I remaped my cup as it was standard and it idled smooth

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Wel it looks like I have no real way of telling. The point of this post was to try and find out what firmware a standard ECU should be running as to what I thought mine was. As Jonny1*2 pointed out, the details I have are not for the ECU. I'm going to get the belts changed anyway for assurance.