ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, ECU engine light prob :(

172 cup & GT-Four
Hi, ive got a problem with my engine management light staying on. Today i did a service on my car and changed the sparkplugs (NGK platinum ones) all was fine, re-used inlet manifold gasket, bolted everything back up and reconnected all the sensors (i thought) turned over the engine, it started but idled at about 2k, instantly knew something was up so switched off the engine and checked all connections, realised i had missed the connector by the throttle body (purple connector) plugged it back in and started the car once again, started fine with no idling or running issues, but the engine management light stays on, would the ECU have logged an error? ive been advised to disconnect the battery for 20 mins to reset the ECU, would this clear it?, im now reluctant to drive the car with the engine light on...

Many thanks in advance,
James.

ecu most likly did log an error just need to get it cleared need to check to see if theres anything else wrong though.

20 mins with no battery won't clear all faults though

172 cup & GT-Four
OK thanks, ill get down there then if i cant sought the prob myself, thanks for the quick responses guys, really appreciated, very helpful club.

James.

Clio 182 & Cup Packs
I got a bluetooth elm diagnostics thingy of ebay for £30 rips, same price as a trip to Renault I imagine, downloaded a program called torque to my Android mobile, works a treat and can see logged codes and clear them, handy bit of kit i think,