ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup cutting out randomly

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
my 172 cup keeps cutting out at random points, usually when coming to a stop or doing slow manouvres, and no im not stalling it! lol:rasp: its almost as if its over fuelling or something?? anone got any ideas what could cause this? dont know if its connected to this but idle is rather lumpy but its my 1st 172 and heard they r lumpy but mine seems a bit 2 lumpy..... help much appreciated!

Black Gold Trophy
^LOL most informative post I've ever seen above!

Work for a breakdown recovery operator at the moment, had one with the same symptoms the other day and it turned out to be a dirty crank position sensor

if its that is it just a case of cleaning it up? is it an easy replacement if a new 1 is needed?

ph1 black 172
clean out your throttle butterfly..... common cause of over/under revving, take of hose next the throttle butterfly. have a look inside, open butterfly and see if its dirty. give it a good clean with a cloth, cotton buds etc.... maybe a small amount of carb cleaner on a rag...... just make it look really clean.

just taken the tdc sensor off and had a look, seemed a little bit dirty so cleaned it up wid good old WD and now everythin seemes ok! fingers crossed it will stay that way, will have to monitir it ans see how it goes. cheers 4 all the advice guys, much appreciated!