ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup CAT Removal

Trying to search the forum on Tapatalk by can't find one relevant post . . . . So . . . . How do I remove the CAT from the manifold? Is it simply undoing the spring bolts and it will slide out, or are there other obstacles in the way?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Undo the bolts at each end of it. :S

172s are a complete pain to do as the ones engine end are really awkward to get to.

Good luck.....!!

P.S.: it's not an abbreviation.. It's a catalytic convertor.

Already took the rest of the exhaust of just need to undo the cat from the manifold. I'll keep persevering with the spring bolts then.

p.s. i've always wrote cat in capitals as for some reason when it's not I associate it to the furry kind. But for this post I have changed my ways ;)

You need a mate to hold a spanner on the bolts from inside the engine bay - then undo from under. Otherwise they just spin
And it's a PIG to get to the bolts in the engine bay. In all honesty I'd take the top inlet manifold off as then you've got loads of space

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Took me and my exhaust builder an hour on a ramp! bit of a pain, so glad i had my exhaust modified like a 182 so its a 20 min job to swap round :)

Took me and my exhaust builder an hour on a ramp! bit of a pain, so glad i had my exhaust modified like a 182 so its a 20 min job to swap round :)

It's a track only car so once the cat is removed and the decat fitted it won't be changed again.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
P.S.: it's not an abbreviation.. It's a catalytic convertor.[/QUOTE]
lol, i knew youd beat me to it. its a cat. not a CAT