ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CONVERSION IN 8hrs :)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Brought the car in at 9am - stripped the 1.2 diet engine out and dropped in a 2.0 16v 172 engine / loom / box / ecu / susupension / brakes etc etc. Took 8 hrs to do with no problems at all - vehicle is now running and needs minor work to complete conversion ( brakes bleeding etc etc ) Took these pics to show you just how easy it is to do

Attachments

• 172 conversion 10 hr job 001.jpg
    172 conversion 10 hr job 001.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 172 conversion 10 hr job 002.jpg
    172 conversion 10 hr job 002.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 172 conversion 10 hr job 003.jpg
    172 conversion 10 hr job 003.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 172 conversion 10 hr job 004.jpg
    172 conversion 10 hr job 004.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 172 conversion 10 hr job 005.jpg
    172 conversion 10 hr job 005.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 140
  MERCEDES CLS AMG

Attachments

• 172 conversion 10 hr job 006.jpg
    172 conversion 10 hr job 006.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 172 conversion 10 hr job 007.jpg
    172 conversion 10 hr job 007.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
looks coolio, how much is that going to be then fella?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
ChrisE said:
Are the Mk1 172 Engines the same as the Mk2 172 Engines??

they share the F4R engine.

Mk1 172 has a cable throttle where as the Mk2 has a crappy fly-by-wire thing.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The engine used here is a mk2 lump FBW - providing you use the ECU and loom and throttle pedal off the donor car its ok

All this work was carried out today - Friday 2 / 12 / 2005

Last edited:
mint! just goes to show things can be done and it doesnt take weeks etc. my mates car was in for 2 weeks avin the same engine swapped over lol. that was on an astra lol.
If it only takes 8 hours i bet the labour charge isnt that expensive!
You reckon u cud fit a tt engine into a valver?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I dont do the conversions no more for the public - trouble is when you do these sort of things you get nobs asking for 12 month warranty's and the service history of the car the engine come out of + lots of more stupid things. So now i just sell the kit for £1500 + vat

Good job!

Will it fit in a valver easily or would it be a mission?! Thinking about it I have never seen one in a valver so I take it it wont.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Yes it will fit in a valver - Forgot to mention this engine has had head work / cams / hillpower inlet manifold / R-sport ECU + other various bits n bobs

j3ned said:
Yes it will fit in a valver - Forgot to mention this engine has had head work / cams / hillpower inlet manifold / R-sport ECU + other various bits n bobs

is that included in the 1500 quid?

or is the 1500 quid for an average mileage 172 engine loom box rad ecu etc?

A well built VW
GuyS said:
is that included in the 1500 quid?

or is the 1500 quid for an average mileage 172 engine loom box rad ecu etc?

:rolleyes: standard parts , thers probably £1500 worth of work in those parts alone

182 and 5 GTT
Was the conversion for the lad you work with? I remember reading a thread a while back saying he crashed his, but was getting a new engine with cams, headwork etc?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Nick_R182 said:
Was the conversion for the lad you work with? I remember reading a thread a while back saying he crashed his, but was getting a new engine with cams, headwork etc?

Yes mate it is - its the engine from the blue one but now with some mods

Last edited: