ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Clio cup not starting sometimes

Clio 172 Cup (stage 1)
hello people, i have a small problem with my 172 cup and looking for some advice, it does not start sometimes when its cold,when i try to start it the engine turns over for maybe 2 or 3 seconds then stops, i thought it was the battery, i replace it and the problem still exists, i went to start it this morning and got the same response, turned ignition off and on a few times then heard a small buzz (im thinking electronic ignition) but i don't know, when i turned the key after hearing the buzz she fired up and has ran all day can anyone throw some light on this for me please

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i think the buzz you heard was the fuel pimp priming. It primes after the immobiliser is deactivated, iirc. Is the red light going out?

Renault clio 1.4 16v
i think the buzz is the fuel pump too that why i think it could be a relay because when you heared the noise it started so it could be a sticking relay?

Clio 172 Cup (stage 1)
if and when should the immobilizer light go off (the red light on the dash), when the engine is started or when its overturning to start, sometimes the alarm beeps constantly when i lock the doors too, other times it intermittently beeps

Renault clio 1.4 16v
the immobilizer light should go out a few seconds after you turn the ignition on before you start the engine .. when you lock the car and the alarm goes off like you said thats normally to tell you there is a door open. poss faulty door switch if all door s are closed

Sounds more like an immobilizer prob to me but im not really in the know. I know when my TDC sensor was playin up i cud turn mine over till the batt went dead if i tried. I'd stick ya key in without turnin it and see if ya immobilizer light goes out.

PH2 172
Mines doin this now i can drive the car by revvin it as soon as the foot is of the throttle is cuts out the lil sqaure with diagonal lines light come son now and again and the toxic fume warning light is on all the time now any ideas????

PH2 172
02 where beofre the cat on the exhaust or what and what the sensors look like will they prevent the car from not running etc?

on ya manifold just before the cat iirc. When my o2 sensor went, me car went all lumpy every now and then (like it was cuttin out on me).

TDC sensor norm makes ya car hard to start when it plays up

TDC Sensor brought no lights up but the o2 sensor brought the light up that looks like an engine(down on the right) which is the toxic fume light(just looked it up). Tbh im not sure wt ur prob is, i'd wait till sum1 in the know comes along really.

Last edited: