ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CD Changer problems

I have had a bit of a nightmare with the CD changer in my Mk2 172. It is the factory fit 6 CD Alpine unit, I am on my second one and this has also broken. Basically it seems to jam on a CD. On the dashboard it sayes ERR 6, I assume it is the 6th CD that has stuck. I cant eject the cartridge. This happened once under warranty so I had it replaced. Now I am going to have to remove it and get a new one, probably from ebay.

Has this happened to anyone else or am I just unlucky? If so any tips on fixing it or removing/fitting the unit. It seems to need a torx screwdriver to remove the cradle.

Thanks

PM me your email address and Ill send you the file on how to strip the CD chnager down it might just be a loose scre or wie. Dealerships dont bother fixing them they just send them off and stick a new one in.

Could it be the CDs your using, are you using some CDs which are burned off from the PC?