ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cadwell Park vid

Jap Shed
Also, DS Discs and brembo HC were brilliant

KTR Coilovers - superb, tires were too soft on this vid though

JMS inlets - seemed to make a huge difference on track, just need to work on their customer communication a little!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Track tuition would do you alot of good...(I mean that in a nice way!) Good vid tho.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I appreciate your Dads there so theres a bit of competition going on, but holy s**t!! You're so aggressive!

Not doing the car or your track times any favours dude!

(Have a w**k before you go out next time! lol)

Black 172 PH2
Nice video.
Bit of competition with your dad there.
What sort of power the mx5 putting out?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Not bad, as said above some of your lines are not great and your even more aggressive than me.

The camera quality is very good.

Just a bit of constructive criticism, try being a bit smoother, as jerking the wheel into the corners is going to make the tyres loose grip a lot sooner than if you were being smooth. Have a watch of some other vids on Youtube to get an idea of the lines people take, and try changing gear before entering the corner, and then using the power to pull you out, opposed to coasting through then changing gear after.

Good to see you having a go though mate.:)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
ahh the benefits of double-de-clutching :approve:
can-o-worms.gif

Jap Shed
Just a bit of constructive criticism, try being a bit smoother, as jerking the wheel into the corners is going to make the tyres loose grip a lot sooner than if you were being smooth. Have a watch of some other vids on Youtube to get an idea of the lines people take, and try changing gear before entering the corner, and then using the power to pull you out, opposed to coasting through then changing gear after.

Good to see you having a go though mate.:)

Ok. Cheers for the advice !!

E90
Re heel and toe, practice on the road, when you are pootling, Not in traffic as you can have the odd foot slip off brake moment.

If you had good pads, braided lines and proper fluid, your pedal will be rock hard, makes it easier. I have half to 3/4's of my foot on the brake, then kind of kick out the back of my foot, like its trying to kick a football at the side of it with the heel, and It just happens. hard to describe, Practice will make perfect.

Weirdly when you are on track and pushing hard it comes alot more naturally and if anything is earier to do. :)

Clio
yeah its definately better the faster youre going because the harder you press the brake the closer the rest of your foot is to the throttle.

Heel & Toe is easy in a clio, the pedals are so close together which helps with learning it. I learnt in my Cinquecento, which had an offset accelerator but they were still close together.

I'm 6' 2" BTW.

Jap Shed
will do, cheers! tbh im not massivley bothered about my clutch, would rather have fun than try and be smooth. its only a Clio after all!

Nice vid. I really want to try Cadwell, looks like a very rewarding track if you get it right.

Some very interesting gear changes and lines, but I suppose it's your first time ;)