ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 bumper on my clio?

Mk2 Phase 2 Clio 1.2 16v
Will a 172 bumper fit on a normal 51 reg clio? if so will i need new wings?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
a 172 rear bumper will fit a normal clio (need new arch liners)

a 172 front bumper will need 172 wings, skirts and arch liners.

(unless uspend a fair whack having it modified)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
If you are really after something similar..... i think Prima Racing do a fiberglass copy which fits the nomral clio

(altho people dont seem to like there quality much - i have never used them so cant comment much)

Well dutty_112 has put a 172 bumper on his and fitted it to his dynamique wings so hes the person to ask!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
My bodyshop is in the process of doing mine.....

Dutty managed to grind down the fittings to get it under the origional wing.....

But as my bodyshop found its not as plain as just "cutting" it down if u want a factory finish

Mk2 Phase 2 Clio 1.2 16v
thing is i was in accident last tuesday in which my front end needs replacing and i was thinking about the 172 bumper because of the k-tec stainless steel grill which is out for the clio and i dont think it would fit inside a normal bumper would it?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yes the k-tec grill does fit on the normal clio bumper.

Not many people are a fan of it here tho..... could pwder coat it black tho !

Mk2 Phase 2 Clio 1.2 16v
does look bit too extreme.. would look good powder coated hmmm.. how you go about fittin it then onto a normal clio bumper?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
IIRC itspretty much the same guide....

Best bet is to give k-tec a ring, and they will advise you better.

*just a note, the 04+ clios with the newer style bumper may not be able to have these fitted.

But again ask k-tec and they will put you straight !

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
No probs,

If you dont fancy calling them, there normally pretty reliable on the old email too.

Chocolate Bar™
isnt vinnys stuff all for the mk2 ph1?

think Has has covered everything there is to say lol!

has - get your front finished pronto as i wanna see pics. hopefully the splitter wont fit, in which case i know someone who wants it ;)

E60 diesel powah
DSC08092.jpg

taster of mine, 172 front bumper on stock wings