ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 bumper fitments !

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
if your putting it on a 172

You will need to remove the

2 x wings
2 x side skirts

and replace with standard wings, then you would be able to put the standard clio bumper on to the 172

Same for the other way round 172 ---> normal clio

You need "all the bits" from the 172 to go to the normal clio

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
As far as being easy yes..... its all bolt on bolt off stuff as long as you have the right bits to change over to.

And also you would need under tray and arch liners from each car as they are different.

HAS what do u mean by new wings, do you mean the body panels or arch liners :dapprove:

ive just done a search and people managed to swap a 172 bumper to standard clio easily ,surely i cant be this hard to swap a standard onto a 172 , i dont want to sstart removing skirts and body panels !

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
why would you want to swap 172 bumpers for standard 1's?:S but if your doing so ill have the arches and skirts off you :D

RS Megane DCi 175
If you mean the front bumper - you'll need to swap the wings etc.
If you mean the rear bumper - its a straight swap (inlcuding arch liners).

RS Megane DCi 175
^ lol, well there is that I suppose.
I'd love to know why you'd want to do it in the first place!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yes please tell us more of what you want to do and why?

Had a crash or something?

sorry about the lack of details,
im wanting to put a standard rear bumper from a facelift clio (02 reg) onto a 172 (also 02 reg )
the reason for this is im having the 172 rear bumper sprayed free of charge however the sprayer cant give a time on when he can do it , so im gonna put a stadard one on !
but while the standard one is on i may consider putting a reiger rear extension as i love it , just something a little different !

so is mattT right in saying its a straight swap , good news if it is

cheers evryone

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup rear bumper change will be ok for a shot period.

Dont even have to put the arch liners in......

So you will be fine for the rear bumper.