ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 brake upgrade

ph1 172 300zx tt
picked up my 172 today the brakes are shocking compared to what I'm used to was looking at the 4 pot brembo's of a Megan 225 will they fit with 225 discs and a bracket made up along with braided lines (I can redrill discs if different pcd)

I dont want any bigger than 16 inch wheels so will they fit behind

on the suspension side what do you guys recommend as far as I know its stock was thinking gaz shocks and springs about 40-50mm lower

it also needs bushes and an engine mount so recommendations on companies/advice on all these bits if anyones selling second hand im interested in all suspension kit and maybe a carbon bonnet ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
when new the 172 brakes were brilliant as standard so the chances are yours just needs a fluid change and possibly a fresh set of discs and pads.

you can use the clio 197/200 and megane 225/230 callipers with some adaptor brackets and certain discs, there is a guide on here somewhere. Or the cheaper option is 406 coupe brembos and I think its 300mm scenic discs, again there is a guide on here.

bushes you can go aftermarket with powerflex polly bushes or you can go standard, which imo is pretty good value as if you buy a set of bottom arms they come with the inner bushes and also outer ball joints, you can also go for extra castor ones if your car doesn't already have them (53 and 03 plate ones are a bit of a mix if they do or not, everything after 03 should have) to improve the handling, its worth doing fresh track rods and track rod ends while your there but it can get expensive when you start replacing stuff as I found out when I done the lot!!

ph1 172 300zx tt
well I want everything upraded tbh and any links to the brakes side of things would be great shame my dad just broke a 406 with brembos but my brother stole them for his 106 :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
depends what you want the car for, I don't like the uprated stuff on the road although I don't have massive experience with it, the cars when new/fresh were/are epic down a backroad so for that reason I went standard everything, bar springs which I went eibach.

406 brembo conversion... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ive-(Brembo-300mm-discs)&highlight=406+brembo
espace twin pot (never read much into this)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?664123-Upgrade-to-Espace-(2-Pot)-Calipers