ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 bottem grille, removal

Does anyone know if I can take off the bottom grille from my 172 without taking off the bumper?

I notice there are clips holding it in at the bottom (about 4 or five of them) but I dont seem to be able to move it enough to get it out of there...

Any help guys?

Hi Roamer it can be done with out taking the bumper off.just undo the clips that hold it on and push it back. you will have jack up your car to get it out from under the car i hope this helps.ps its looks the dogs nuts when its done ally mesh;)

S2000

Yes you can. Had mine off today. It is a bit of a squeeze. If you look underneath the car there are two bolts that hold on the black plastic thats joined to the bumper. If you take these out you can just about wriggle the lower grill out from underneath once you have unclipped it.

Wayne

S2000

Not me. I gave up with the mesh I had (stuff like on the new MGs) cos 1 it wasnt long enough to totally replace the bottom grill and 2 it is soooooo tough to cut. So just ended up putting the grill back in.

Nice one Wayne, Ill have to have a look, cos Ive just cut out the non-open squares on the right hand side, ready for the viper, but once its in, I wana mesh it up and fit the pipe end into the mesh ;-)

Ill have a go at taking it out once Ive found a good mesh (And got plenty of it)

Go to a halfords they sell alloy mesh for £20 and its long enough to do the job.Ive done it to my car and it does look the dogs.sorry no pics:D

Thats the Halfords mesh. Took about 2 minutes to do with a couple of cable ties and people keep asking me where I got it done.

Paul, no I havent got round to it yet... still sorting out the repairs :(

But Ill get round to it in a bit, so, if youve got any advice Id be greatful.

BTW Im gonna get some black mesh, cos I dont wana loose the look of the bottom bit against the silver.

IF YOU ARE AT BRANDS FIND ME. FD02 W** REG I CAN TALK TO YOUR THERE UNLESS YOU ARE DOING IT BEFORE THIS TIME THEN PM ME AND I WILL GO THROUGH IT WITH YOU.

PAUL

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

hey roamer, wot do u mean by "cut out the non open squares" mate for the viper? i had mine put on at k-tek {lazy fecker} so hadnt looked at that maybe, cheers.