ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 alloys with 5mm spacers - bolts

Clio 1.2

ok, bought some 16" 172 alloys today for my 1.2 16v phase 2 clio expression to replace the sh*tty 14" steel ones i got at the moment and from what i gather i will need 5mm spacers on the back wheels as the offset is different. just want to check, i should still be able to use the same bolts that come with the alloys when im using the 5mm spacers right? the car is not lowered at all and im a bit of a novice so just want to make sure i dont mess it up.

Also what would i be asking for in terms of spacers when i go into halfords as i belive they sell them there. Just 5mm spacers for a clio phase 2? or do they do different kinds?

thanks

C4 Grand Picasso

I got my spacers from Halfords, universal 5mm ones (about £12 iirc).

I would only bother getting longer bolts if you where using anything larger than 5mm spacers, as it is your standard bolts should be fine.

Mike.

hummm so will i need spacers on my 1.4 16v w reg clio if im going to put sum1s larger 16 inch sport alloys on?

and why is this?

plus im gona drop it by bout 40mm

Clio 1.2

just to make it clear i was refering to the original bolts on the 14" steel wheels i already have, they should be ok for the 16" alloys?

Big Iain and Levo you seem to have done it, any chance you could let me know?

thanks

Skoda Fabia vRS

you shouldnt use steel wheel bolts with alloy wheels.......

get some alloy wheel bolts.........you can order em from motor world, about £1 a bolt