ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Turbo Conversion Kit - £2600

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sounds interesting...Still wouldn't touch it tho! lol.

If you want a turbo...Buy a turbo!

RS RIP
anyone??

im assuming the kit is all bolt on, not cutting filing etc...

how long would it take to fit??

I asked Maurice how much time he would need to do mine ; 2 days+- (so around 15/16 hours ?)

Do'nt know about the FMIC, might need a little cutting there ?

Mk2 172
Its still alot of money really for the gain. get a diesel and get it remapped. lol only cost me £340 and gained 60HP. My golf is running at 190HP with 420Nm!! lol

Yeah but for how long on the standard turbo!!! not long. i can guarantee that!!!

Mk2 172
LOL diy turbo installation.If you had to get some one to fit and fettle it you'd be nearly up to Ktec price.

By the looks of things it would be a piece of cake to fit if you have any mechanical knowledge. its all bolt on. easy i reckon! youve got no pistons, rods, head off or anything like that.

Mk2 172
It seems ludaprix aint satisfied with his cam conversion lol .How could he be? The discernible gain from that conversion, although noticeable wont be mind blowing. I'd say to him, go for the balls out foxon jobbie, if he has the nerve. Your single body will then be redundant, but Andy will take that in account in the final reckoning. lol

not really mate, im very satisfied with it but am getting used to the power now. i wanted to keep my air con so went for the single body. im jus currently contemplating the idea of adding to what i have. i'd rather not have itb's still jus because i want my a/c, this turbo kit seems ideal as you still get to keep the a/c etc.

I agree. couldnt live without a/c. people must be mad gettin rid of it if its their everyday car. havin itb's ruins all the front of the car if you ask me. everything gets annhilated under the bonnet!!!

Mk2 172
Dan the english weather isn't exactly tropical you poof!

No good point but its nice to have it! even tho it does almost nothing. i love the throttle bodies idea. miles better than turbos but it the bombsite under the bonnet after the work is done i cant stand!!! imo of course.

RS RIP
maybe stupid question, but hos did the dumpvalve sounded?

They do nothing anyway. definately not runnin 7psi! they sound s**t imo. and usually just leak boost. they only do something when runnin big power.

yes and then only when running a recirculating one. They run the overpressure back into the system to keep the turbo running between gears i thought.
The open one just throws it out thus "leaking" thrust ?

Open ones are there only to let people know you've got a spinner in there

Mk2 172
They do nothing anyway. definately not runnin 7psi! they sound s**t imo. and usually just leak boost. they only do something when runnin big power.

yes and then only when running a recirculating one. They run the overpressure back into the system to keep the turbo running between gears i thought.
The open one just throws it out thus "leaking" thrust ?

Open ones are there only to let people know you've got a spinner in there

No i meant they leak boost past the diaphragm. good quality ones dont do this as they use a piston system. shouldnt be an issue on this turbo conversion tho as its running very little pressure.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so who's first to get one?

i need to speak to a friend about fitting and if hes good to go, then i may well get one

Mk2 172
i fancy one but ill wait to here of a more definative test. my only concern is gearbox and clutch. other than that i cant really see there bein a problem. it hardly any boost!

VaVa
172/182 = 1,110kg
172 Cup = 1,011kg
Trophy = 1,090kg

Sorry to be anal lol but according to Renault;

172 = 1,110
172 Cup = 1,021
182 = 1,090 (effectively the same as the ph2 172 without a spare wheel)

Can't remember TROPHY figure, but it's lighter than a stabdard 182 due to turinis, no xenons, seats etc.

RS RIP
it does does'nt it ?

I think Henk is driving. As calm as he is when you speak to him on the phone, as beasty he supposably does laps on the ring:evil:

That BMW (?) coming up hard on it's tail is'nt doing too bad either

R35 GTR
If anyone is thinking of buying it I would come and have a look at my car first.

I am selling a car arguably worth 8000-9000 standard with a proper turbo conversion for £3000.....

;)

SLK 350
Go for 20psi Legohead, I'm tired of seeing that V6 on fire picture, make a change to see a 182.

Back to this turbo package, where is Henk when we want him to explain things to us :)

ive still got one years warranty left, so they would loose all warranty
Only warently on the parts you've chnaged any anything that they can blame for the failure.
Seems to be lots of people with there own oppinions. I am saving every penny i have for this kit. Would like to no what the turbo is cable of in terms or PSI for future upgrading?
I'd bet the internals (with stock fuel) as said earlier are the limiting factor.
Seems like a great value kit for a realistic price, tired of listening to those who bleat on about non existent clutch/gearbox issues, 220bhp in the RS is perfect for the road.
The box isn't that strong I've known loads break under normal power never mind extra power the box is officaly at its warently limit.

Have you put loads of torque though one of those boxes and punihsed it I guess not else you'd have different views.

sounds ok but id rather do it proper to start with tbh.
mine s only 9psi 250bhp and im running uprated forged internals lol.
oe gearbox.
helix padel clutch.
But your has head work as well doens't it after all bost just get by the restriction and you have less restriction as such.
Depends on how much fuel in the tank also i think..
1 liter = +-1kg
1 liter is about 0.7 of a KG.
i fancy one but ill wait to here of a more definative test. my only concern is gearbox and clutch. other than that i cant really see there bein a problem. it hardly any boost!
But its enough the box is at its limit not saing it definatly going to go but there a reason we have no more torque. Renault warently state its at its limit which what they would cover and they know more than us.

Would it be possible to have the gearbox rebuilt using upgraded components to cope with the extra power?

Probably cost a fortune though! Just a thought.

Would it be possible to have the gearbox rebuilt using upgraded components to cope with the extra power?

Probably cost a fortune though! Just a thought.

Not realy the strenght is more than just a few bits the whole thngs a bit weak all over.