ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182/197 Clios and New Vxr Corsa

RB 200 Cup!
i'd have one over the 197 any day of the week. The 197 barely looks any different to the normal clios, the vx might be tacky but at least you know what it is. Interior is loads better as well, recaros as standard, and with a turbo willbe much more fun to drive id imagine. Also in my girlfriends experience vauxhall customer care is 10x better than with renault

couldnt agree more

Turbos.
The Corsa VXR is the automotive equivalent of tracksuit bottoms, gold jewellery and bottle blonde girlfriend. It is chav to the core, however much it costs.

The styling look like they have taken the styling cue of every modern day 'cool' car and thrown it togther. This is why it suits the analogy of looking like it's crashed through Halfords.

I'm 22 and i'd be embarrased to be seen in the Corsa. Fair enough if your mates are still driving Novas, they'd think you're pretty cool. But most of my mates have reasonable - if not sporting - cars and would rip the piss out of me if i turned up in the VXR! Image isn't everything but at the end of the day i'd rather people didn't presume i'm a t**t. I'd rather they knew that after meeting me LOL.

clio
Evo mag said that the Corsa is 74 kgs lighter than the 197, and also that even though the clio has 192 bhp is doesn't always feel like it. Turbo cars deliver alot more torque lower down the rev range and as a result appear to feel faster in every day driving conditions. One thing I hate about my 182 is the way the power is delivered, you having to ring its neck to make it go and you are always changing gear as a result. The power on a 182 doesn't really come in until 5000rpm and has gone by 6500rpm, if a company designed a turbo car that delivered its power in this way they would be slated. i would like to see some in gear times for all the cars in this category, i believe it is a much better bench mark for how the cars would perform in normal driving conditions.

Mike

P

Paul Common 666

well said Daz UK, the only way were gonna find out is when we come across one at a track day! And the winner is.................

Turbos.
Evo mag said that the Corsa is 74 kgs lighter than the 197, and also that even though the clio has 192 bhp is doesn't always feel like it. Turbo cars deliver alot more torque lower down the rev range and as a result appear to feel faster in every day driving conditions. One thing I hate about my 182 is the way the power is delivered, you having to ring its neck to make it go and you are always changing gear as a result. The power on a 182 doesn't really come in until 5000rpm and has gone by 6500rpm, if a company designed a turbo car that delivered its power in this way they would be slated. i would like to see some in gear times for all the cars in this category, i believe it is a much better bench mark for how the cars would perform in normal driving conditions.

Mike

Buy a diesel?

Revs are fun...

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
lol...i like the way power is dished out on the 172.
fast na cars have to be reved hard .. thats the point.
Tbh i dont care about a cars image. Id buy a car on its driving merits.
If the corsa is good then fair play to vauxstall.
I dont fancy the idea of a turbo in a fwd.

172cup
lol...i like the way power is dished out on the 172.
fast na cars have to be reved hard .. thats the point.
Tbh i dont care about a cars image. Id buy a car on its driving merits.
If the corsa is good then fair play to vauxstall.
I dont fancy the idea of a turbo in a fwd.

absolutely loved my Fiesta RS Turbo... and thought it was the fastest car ever. Nothing could beat me.

Absolutely nailed one about a week ago both in the straights and twisty bits against my cup, although old technology.

Mégane RS 225
asdasdle7.jpg

:clown:

I hate the way this car looks, I not bothered if its quicker, handles better etc.

Just looks so awful, I'd be embarrassed to drive it anyway.

106 GTi
Could be the greatest hot hatch in the world, but yeap it looks silly, no desire to even test one.

Mountune Tractor
It's a shame that it can't shake off the chav image really as it would be a cracking little car if it could. it can't though so end of story.:rasp:

Whats the obession with turbos anyway, I've come from a long line of them and TBH revving an engine to extract the power is one of the small pleasures of driving.

Turbos make you a lazy driver,

clio

Mike

Buy a diesel?

Revs are fun...

But that is the beauty of a well tuned turbo petrol car, you can rev it and you get the power delivered earlier;)