ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v v vts weight

ex Clio 172 owner :(

My wee VTS = 935kg with 130 bhp therefore around 139bhp per ton but by the time you add approx 80 kg for the average male driver, approx 128bhp per ton.

The official weights for cars (kerb weight) includes a 75 kg driver and a full tank fuel plus 5kg of luggage (on new EU cars anyway).

They have to do this so that they can give a gross weight with a larger safety margin, plus it standardises the industry.

And a Valvers weight depends on the toys it has. As a guide a Williams 1 (ie no toys) weight 990 kg (kerb weight).

IMO of course

[Edited by Willy Williams on 27 December 2004 at 12:07pm]

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Willy, so my 935kg is with a 75kg driver ie the car is around 860kg?

Every days a school day as they say. Didnt know.

Quote: Originally posted by Willy Williams on 27 December 2004

The official weights for cars (kerb weight) includes a 75 kg driver and a full tank fuel plus 5kg of luggage (on new EU cars anyway).

They have to do this so that they can give a gross weight with a larger safety margin, plus it standardises the industry.

And a Valvers weight depends on the toys it has. As a guide a Williams 1 (ie no toys) weight 990 kg (kerb weight).

Where on earth did you learn this garbage from?

http://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio172mk2-2.asphttp://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio172mk2-2.asp

1200kg with a driver. The book doesnt quote a 172 as 1200 kg does it??

Kerb weights are without driver/luggage/fuel as said in above link 172=1035kg

A clio 16v kerb weight is 980kg. Add the additional weight and your speaking 1100 kg. If you dont believe me go and take yourself to a weighbridge. Youll be surprised. http://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio16v.asphttp://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio16v.asp

Clio 182

I got the Valver weighed a few weeks back when it was part stripped (No rear seats, no spare wheel) and it weighed dead on 980kg, strangely!

1.8 16-valve models 975-980 kg....max gross weight 1405-1410kg

1.8 8-valve models 915-935 kg....max gross weight 1375-1285 kg

1.4 (manual) 840-905 kg...max gross weight 1315-1330 kg

Also interesting to note that teh turning circle of all mk1 clios cept 16v is 10.6m, and the 16v 11.3m

silver valver/hybrid

the turning circle on the valver is awful! and if the williams has a slightly wider track i presume its even worse!

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 27 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Willy Williams on 27 December 2004

Where on earth did you learn this garbage from?

http://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio172mk2-2.asphttp://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio172mk2-2.asp

1200kg with a driver. The book doesnt quote a 172 as 1200 kg does it??

Kerb weights are without driver/luggage/fuel as said in above link 172=1035kg

A clio 16v kerb weight is 980kg. Add the additional weight and your speaking 1100 kg. If you dont believe me go and take yourself to a weighbridge. Youll be surprised. http://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio16v.asphttp://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio16v.asp

READ MY POST I SAID NEW EU (EUROPEAN UNION) CARS

Here is a link to a caravan site that quotes the European Union definition of a kerb weight (90% fuel load, plus driver, plus 7 kgs luggage)

http://www.caravanninglinks.co.uk/whats_it_all_mean.htmhttp://www.caravanninglinks.co.uk/whats_it_all_mean.htm

And here is a quote from the National Trailer and Towing Association official web site:

The usual definition of kerb weight is a vehicle in its ready to use condition with all tools, spare wheel etc. and a full tank of fuel. Many vehicle manufacturers are, however, now following European Directive 95/48/EC which specifies the kerb weight as a car in ready to drive condition with the fuel tank 90% full, a driver on board weighing 68 kg and luggage of 7 kg. Any extras or accessories fitted after purchase will increase the weight and reduce both payload capacity and hence the towing limit. When looking at a car’s specification in a brochure please check the method of determining the kerb weight. If it is to the EC Directive you must allow for the weight of any other passengers and luggage and deduct that weight from the towing limit accordingly. This could easily reduce the towing limit by 250-300 kg. If in doubt please check with the car makers technical department directly. Do not rely on a car dealer’s salesman, as they are often uncertain on towing information.

UK kerb weight is just the weight of the car plus fluids to make it opperational (including a full tank of fuel). However, most car weights are now given as a European Union standard, as explained on the NTTA web site.

The UK kerb weight of a Williams is on the VIN plate i believe @ 990kgs. So yes if you take all the fuel out a Williams should weight about 950 kgs.

Mitchy, please dont argue with me. Im a genius and ill just make you look stupid.

IMO of course;)

[Edited by Willy Williams on 27 December 2004 at 11:00pm]

Your so deluded you muppet.

What you went to a dodgy caravan site for? Were talking about cars.

My MG weighed 1090kg kerb, with me and full fuel load the car weighed a tad over 1200kg. Next on the hit list was my CTR, that weighed 1204kg kerb, with me sat in and full fuel load it weighed over 1300kg. Next was a scooby with 1235kg weight, add fuel and a driver and 1350kg. My LCR is exactly the bloody same although in addition it does quote the kerb weight + an additional weight for the kerb weight + the driver

Were talking about 10 year old clios here and you state NEW EU car rules. Its obvious that it dont work like the fairytales youve posted up as ive already posted proof of NEW clios weighing FAR MORE than the official kerb weights of the car. My own proof with the 4 cars ive had, all weighbridge proof tested supports my statement too.

You give me proof that your car weighs the official kerb weight of the car with your fat ass sat inside, a full fuel tank and luggage and ill let you have your invalid opinions.

I have proof, you dont!

Whos the Fuc*in muppet?

You have no idea what you are talking about, just quoting some dodgy caravan site.

Read this again, i mean a 172 is not an old car is it? And why the differing weights between kerb and full payload including driver??

WEIGHT

Kerb vehicle weight
1035 kgs

Gross vehicle weight
1490 kgs

ClioSport weighbridge tested vehicle weight
1120 kgs
These measurements were taken from a car with a full tank of fuel and do not include the driver

Here it is again, just incase you are incapable of pressing your mouse button. KERB WEIGHT = 1035KG.

From your wealth of knowledge this 1035kg includes driver, full fuel load and luggage?? Does that mean the clio 172 weighs around 900kg when theres no driver and no fuel?? LOL!!!

Read underneath (cliosport weighbridge tested) and ive proved my point.

Thankyou, whos lookin silly now??

Remember the car has oil in the engine and gearbox, windscreen washer, coolant water, and brake fluid. Thats got to weigh an additional 15kg or so.

From a serious point of view, weighbridge your car with you and a full fuel payload and youll be surprised. Your light clio aint so light! Whats the point in arguing with me over the internet, go out and do it. There are plenty of weighbridges about and it will cost you about a fiver. It beats quoting some dodgy caravan site!

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 28 December 2004

Your so deluded you muppet.

What you went to a dodgy caravan site for? Were talking about cars.

My MG weighed 1090kg kerb, with me and full fuel load the car weighed a tad over 1200kg. Next on the hit list was my CTR, that weighed 1204kg kerb, with me sat in and full fuel load it weighed over 1300kg. Next was a scooby with 1235kg weight, add fuel and a driver and 1350kg. My LCR is exactly the bloody same although in addition it does quote the kerb weight + an additional weight for the kerb weight + the driver

Were talking about 10 year old clios here and you state NEW EU car rules. Its obvious that it dont work like the fairytales youve posted up as ive already posted proof of NEW clios weighing FAR MORE than the official kerb weights of the car. My own proof with the 4 cars ive had, all weighbridge proof tested supports my statement too.

You give me proof that your car weighs the official kerb weight of the car with your fat ass sat inside, a full fuel tank and luggage and ill let you have your invalid opinions.

I have proof, you dont!

Whos the Fuc*in muppet?

You have no idea what you are talking about, just quoting some dodgy caravan site.

Read this again, i mean a 172 is not an old car is it? And why the differing weights between kerb and full payload including driver??

For your information oh Michy boy, caravan sites (and trailer sites) have to publish accurate information on car kerb weights due to the fact that gross weight (ie towing weight) is calculated from that figure. So in fact it is the best place to get accurate information.

And to misread my post not once but on two separate occasions really does show everyone the sort of literacy we are dealing with here.

I find you offensive and uneducated. Please do not even pass me in the street again.

IMO, of course.;)

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 28 December 2004

WEIGHT

Kerb vehicle weight
1035 kgs

Gross vehicle weight
1490 kgs

ClioSport weighbridge tested vehicle weight
1120 kgs
These measurements were taken from a car with a full tank of fuel and do not include the driver

Here it is again, just incase you are incapable of pressing your mouse button. KERB WEIGHT = 1035KG.

From your wealth of knowledge this 1035kg includes driver, full fuel load and luggage?? Does that mean the clio 172 weighs around 900kg when theres no driver and no fuel?? LOL!!!

Read underneath (cliosport weighbridge tested) and ive proved my point.

Thankyou, whos lookin silly now??

Remember the car has oil in the engine and gearbox, windscreen washer, coolant water, and brake fluid. Thats got to weigh an additional 15kg or so.

From a serious point of view, weighbridge your car with you and a full fuel payload and youll be surprised. Your light clio aint so light! Whats the point in arguing with me over the internet, go out and do it. There are plenty of weighbridges about and it will cost you about a fiver. It beats quoting some dodgy caravan site!

It takes a true fool to argue a point that was never in dispute. Think about it when your polishing your Subaru.

IMO, of course ;)

190 BHP Willy 2

for a 16v, from the book from my Renault service history.

kerb weight

front, 650, rear 350

Total 1000kg

max permissable axle loading:

front 820, rear 650.

Total 1440kg

Max permissable towed weight:

braked 800kg

unbraked 500kg

Jesus, i cant beleve you drive a 10 yr old rusting tin shed. Some chavs need to i suppose;)

I have a weighbridge in work so no trouble at all really. Just fascinated when all these PWR figures come up with people like yourself quoting car dry weights. I mean cars dont run by themselves do they?

Willy, go back to school mate. Ive already given proof that your talking complete and utter garbage.

Michy im already registered on that site. I love your post about clearasil. But you never said how much you paid that guy to rub it on the pimples on your ass. Did the infection clear up in the end?

LOL willy boy

Look at the maturity level youve brung this little disagreement down to.

A valver will weigh near on 1100kg with driver sat in and full fuel load.

That f*cks up your optimistic PWR figures dont it?

VTS or valver?? VTS every time!!

Remapped derv Golf

Yeah Id buy a VTS over a valver any day of the week!

Maybe not a Williams but a valver hell yeah!

Vtss are cheap to run/insure/service and are very very underated. Ignore the chav image! They cant afford to insure the vts!

megane coupe F7R

Haynes manual says 980kg for the Valver. If the vts is lighter then it should be about the same performance all the way, cuz the Valver has more power.I thought the vts was 120bhp anyway.

[Edited by Andyvalver on 28 December 2004 at 12:35pm]

On a serious note Mitchy, whats the Cupra R like? I was thinking of getting one, as i liked the equipment list that comes as standard and also was interested in the amount of power they put down and their top speed.

However, in the end i was put off by the propensity for the tracks to freeze in snow and the colour (German military grey:sick:). I hear they can easily smoke a Sherman though. Does the shopping fit ok in the turret?

IMO, of course;)

Mitchy my car has no rust, or less rust than your Spannish VW-a-like and I drive my cars through choice not circumstance. You can believe I drive one, as do countless other people... could of bought a scoob I suppose, but then again im not white trash ;) lol

Why you giving Willy so much sh*t over this and insulting him too, hes said nothing that I can see to provoke a reaction? Do you know the meaning of friendly banter?

I really dont understand why you bother coming on a Clio Sport site, you dont own a Clio, it cant be to make friends, cos TBH, your a penis and no one likes you... IMO of course ;)