ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v rear quarter pannels

Can anyone tell me were i mite be able to get a pair of 16v rear quarter pannels from other than reno (there lots of dosh)

thanks

p carr

yeah. i want something different. i was hoping i could get some some were else or can i only get them from reno ? ive been told there 250 plus vat each?

so that 500+vat = £587.50, factor in prepping them, removing your old wings, fitting them, filling any gaps and spraying them. Think it might be very expensive. How about flaring your existing arches? Cut vertically up at about 3/4 even points on the rear quater each side, flare them then weld flat strips on top for strength, fill and paint. Buy some 16v front wings (bigger and made of plastic) et voila!

sounds good the car is striped down to a shell now cos its going for a full re spray so it woont cos much more to have it done its just the prise of the arch really i was hopeing i could get some after market ones instead of reno ones.

Thing is the rear arches on the valver/willy arent bolt on jobs (like they are on pugs/saxos etc) so theyre difficult to change as its actually part of the car. You know what i mean?

yeah i know they do a repair pannel for normal clios and you cut the old one away and the new one gose over the top over lapping a bit so i guess the 16v one is the same ive been told it is i know a lad that had a bump in his 16v and thats how they did his i just didnt fanice paying nearly 600 for them. im not after it looking like a 16v i just want the fat stance it looks cool i wont be putting the bonnet on or anything like that.

it that case i would say flare your existing arches. There was a 205 in the latest max pooper magazine that had big fat arches but i cant remember where they came from! Sorry!
If youre not looking for a valver look-a-like then may i suggest bebadging the bonnet and any kind of vent except a scooby one!!
A Seat Cupra vent would probably look trick - dont see it often and would be rare as fcuk - not even many of the old cupras have em!!

yeah i know what you mean the car was just painted about 3 months ago but some litte c**t went along it with a key so im getting it done again but im going the full hug this time.

oh and the bonnet is de baged and i got the roof rails filled in too looks smart i didnt knoe wheather to do it or not at the time but impleased i did

Trophy

P carr,

My reason for asking is that you cant buy a pattern copy of the 16V rear arch but i have a pair of them sitting outside on a clio that im breaking so i could cut them out and you can get the body shop to fit them if you want!

Im only after £80 for the pair.

Let me know what you think.

Mat.

Try this place matey.........

http://www.rallynuts.comwww.rallynuts.com

I bought some bits from them, from ebay and on the invoice it said to check out their website. Theyve got the complete 16v kit (excluding bonnet), at quite a good price.

Give em a try.

Dave

350z & 16v Maxi

If you all look in the for sale forum then i have a post Clio 16v Body Bits with rear 16v arches on it for sale.

phil glover thanks for your opinion im going to have s good think about what to do now cos you have swayed me a bit. i mite mod the normal arches not sure yet.:confused:

dave 77 thanks ill have a look and see what pannels they do

god i dont know whitch way to go now. 16v arches or mod mine:confused:

p carr - why not see if you can do a bit of cross-make modding. Can you mod some saxo vts arches to fit yours? thatd be different...

butre - you could go as mad as you like with the rear arches. Imagine this little pic is your rear panel: ___
(the wheel
sits here)

you cut straight up... _|||_
(the wheel
sits here)

and flare them out as much as you dare - then you have to weld a flat plate on to strengthen them: _|_|_
(the wheel
sits here)

- then use filler on the gaps and paint. Hope that makes sense - didnt say it would be easy though!

ha ha i think i know what you mean phil. like i said the car is in bits well lots of bit its a bear shell just about. and ive had loads of ideas since talking to people and now im stuck dont know what to do:confused:

your idea is good but its been done before i seem to remember seeing a one in a mag i think it was pink with a black bonnet looked nice i want something fat.

i have found a place that sells the arches http://www.rallynuts.comwww.rallynuts.com you get front and rear bumpers and front wings and rear quarters for £585 quite good i thought?

Make sure to get some pictures uploaded - would like to see it when its done. Are you doing any kind of vent on the bonnet at all? Or will you just concentrate on the rest of the body work for now? Any engine mods at all? (like a V6 swap or summin! ;))

V6!!! i wish. i have a new engine same as the old one 1.4 ive had it lightend and balanced and the head has been done ( ported and that ) i was thinking of a five turbo engine but its going to be a bit on the dear side so i was thinking about NOS instead. But i am not sure yet i have loads of things happening i cant think strate:confused:.

Im running a 1.4 rt at the moment and the other one is in bits lots of bit ( bear shell ) and im trying to get everything together ready for the rebuild as soon as the car is painted.

Hear as some pics of the one im useing at the moment.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/249000-249999/249597_3_full.jpghttp://images.cardomain.com/installs/249000-249999/249597_3_full.jpg

172 exclusive no 172

with reply to the original request for 16v rear quarters if you can get to a PARTCO store then they can supply the rear arch kit for about 35 pounds a side.

not sure how well they would fit on a normal clio though..

Lee ive asked about all over up here fro 16v rear arches they all told me i would have to go to reno. The only place i can seem to get them is rally nuts. But ill find the number and give them a call see what they say.:)

Captain i have a number some were that do a reallt wide arch kit if thats any good and if i can find it that is its a bit like the dimma kit but with out the groves in the side if you know what i mean?

hmmmm ...

The old GT5 lump ... I cant say Ive ever been a fan of the car but Ive seen some proper Clio coversions. Dont rule it out till youve spoken to Tortion Tunning, they do most of the bits on me valaver now but the GT5 conversion is there speciality so theyve normal got the engines and can do it quickly, hense cheaply!

Give em a bell on 07949200705, ask for John and say Rob (16v with chinese symbols) recondened them. Might be worth a discount? Ive given them enough cash in the past!!

Cheers Joe :oops:

A friend used that trick with his nova, and the arches arent a million miles away from the clio style. It worked quite well but if you dont do a good job the filler can crack quite badly