ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

160 HP VTS-NOT

http://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk/rollingroad.htmhttp://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk/rollingroad.htm

Near bottom:

One notable vehicle in this category of overstated horsepower was a series of Citroen Saxo VTS that was sold by company as having a 160 BHP or 40 BHP more than standard, which is a dramatic increase when one considers the standard car has 120 BHP from 1600 cc, which is very good to start with. This vehicle was tested in Max Power magazine as being a rocket ship, which naturally took our interest. I contacted the company marketing it, pretending to be a private individual and asked what they did to the engine to make it so much better. The answer was very hazy and very uninspiring for sales patter to get someone to buy one. It went like this. Oh! Well we polish the head a bit alter the ECU and a few other bits and pieces, which would cost about £1000 to do on your car. I could not believe that by such minor alteration such an increase in power was possible and remained very sceptical. As luck would have it the owner of the car tested in Max Power contacted ourselves and told us how disappointed he was in the cars performance in comparison to his friends standard Saxo VTS and asked for us to do a dyno test on it. Naturally we jumped at this chance and duly tested it. Our standard VTS produces 94 BHP at the wheels and yet this vehicle with supposedly 40 more BHP than standard gave similar figures, not surprisingly the customer was disappointed. The only answer must have been that the transmission had absorbed the extra 40 BHP.

Wonder who tuned that VTS:D

haha! LMAO! LAD suck big time!

My brother had his rrd at GMC showing 159bhp which most will agree that they are pretty accurate rollers!

They took him out while he was there in their s/cd saxo and he said that was awesome. The acceleration was fantastic!

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 19 September 2003

His VTS made 159 hp - must be rapid.
In a word yes!

Ive driven it on quite a few occasions and its a fair bit quicker than my valver. Can really embaress quicker cars! hehe!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

LOL

When I had my 106 GTi on the rollers at a 106 vs Saxo RR shoot-out, my pretty much standard 106 made more power than both the LAD tuned VTSs on the day...