ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15th May Sunday Drive Out

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Since a few people are going to Alton Towers, thought to get a meet going on those who are not going to it.

So thought about a nice drive out some where we havn't been before. I suggested a nice round trip along the Military Road up across then down through the Northumberland National Park, then it was suggested going to Bolten Abbey which is at the bottom of the Yorkshire Dales

Route Map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...l=54.302102,-1.480408&spn=1.37028,4.22699&z=9

I know some who would like to go but who want to save up on some spondoolie as i'm in the same boat, if anyone who want's to share/fuel in my car let me know, maybe an idea if you want to share too

Meeting location will be at the Durham Services, time to set off will be 10:30

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...4.722043,-1.542892&spn=0.169532,0.528374&z=12

Maybe an idea to bring some picnic stuff hopefully the weather will be the same as it is now, looked at some pics of the Abbey looks like a good place to visit and it's right next to a river too so you can get your feet wet

Get your names down

1. Geddes

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
not really it was showing people where the place was, if you lot want to make it more fun on the B roads i can certainly sort a route out, also if we dont do a more direct route the journey will take longer and not sure if you lot will happy with it

Maybe we can do B roads on the way there and A1 way back, what you think?

clio 182 'full fat'
bit far for me mate, was up for it prior to the change as its not far from me. ill check my pennies before putting my name down or see if i can get someone to share wif me as id quite like to come as ive not been out anywhere descent im my clio yet :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
if that's abit too far for people i'm up for any recomendations, somewhere different

172 cup
As nice and as good as it is...

5ad3ed9d.jpg

Save Bolton Abbey for a big summer outing, it's a looooong way for a N/E meet when we have goodnolaces local.

Megane R26.R No 26
If all else fails how about a run to Hartside? I know its been done before but its a great drive up there. To make things easier could meet at Alston so people from south can take the A689 and people north use the A686 and then carry on up to Hartside?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Hartside is a great place to go,it's up to you lot what you fancy really i'm just making some new suggestions where we havn't been yet.

Megane R26.R No 26
Another alternative would be the Fastlane show at Corbridge. Its organised by the guy who owns the Dyvals pub. I went last year when i had the TVR and there was loads of different cars there. Id forgotten about this show so i'll be having a run along.

http://www.fastlaneshow.co.uk/

E92 M3
i mite go to this but am 20 on the 12th so i will see how ruff i am haha

now the weather is getting a little better does no one fancy a karting meet some time soon?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Right here is the FINAL plan for Sunday, there are 2 chioces

1. Is the drive as i originally planned along the Military Road up and through the Northumberland National Park
2. Is a drive to Hartide Cafe - Alston

Choose which one you prefer and we'll go for the most votes. And no use saying "i might go to this" i need confirmed numbers as i don't want to see i might come and don't turn up.

Same meeting place and time as originally planned

clio 182 'full fat'
ive been put on 24hour callout next week, means ive gotta drive a f**king van all week, gutted would have loved to have came.
fingers crossed your next meet im not on callout. this sucks :(

Megane R26.R No 26
I'll not be going on the run out as im going to go to the Fastlane show, If anyone else is going along to this feel free to come and say Hi

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
can't make this drive out now as i'm going out with my mates to the Corbridge Fastlane Show too

i'll maybe see some of you there or maybe not