ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12 Grand for a car what would you get??

An Elise - you won't find a better handling sports car for the money, especially if you want to track it. Plus you'll love the fact that you can get 40+ to the gallon after coming from the V6 :) . We used to own an S1 Elise before buying our Mk2 V6 so ask away if you want any advice.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Easily any of the veee's, easily!. Can't describe how much i love these cars!

But 1 day. I will (hopefully)

Got a shot in a Mk I not that long ago, and had a quicksilver exhaust... what a noise and what an experience. :) :) :)

vx220
vx220 all the way! but im biased!
like karlos had said 40+ to the gallon and vauxhall parts! £135 for a service. yes please!

BLK RSC172
if i wanted to spend money on a track car.. would look at an evo, subie, GTR,,
but for an all rounder.. ide get a 200sx,, easy to mod....

vx220
rear wheel drive only is for real men not 4 wheel drive!
having come to a vx from a 182 i now know what i was missing out on! You gotta try it to love it.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Get yourself a Trophy.

I guarantee you wont regret it. I'm so confident of this fact that if you do, you have my permission to come and kick me square in the nuts should we ever meet :clown:

DC5
You can pick up an Evo 7 for 10.5k on autotrader at the minutes, the rest to go on insurance, you can't go wrong.

M

M7CUO_V6

Would love an EVO but they rape you on insurance! About double as much as vee! :S Think coz mostly imported.

I love the idea of all the fun of a elise or vx220 but would like to get some back seats back, r they miles better than a trophy performance wise??

DC5
Im only 22 and got a quote of 1700 on an Evo 7 FQ300. With a car of 10.5k it takes you to about your 12k. Obviously depends how old you are etc for your insurance quote.

M

M7CUO_V6

^^ I'm 22, got a quote from elephant for an evo 7, was about 2200 i think, sod that. Whos was your quote with?

DC5
That was just a quick 1 I got with elephant too. Suppose the other factors then come in to it. Like NCB and post code etc. Ive got 5 yrs NCB. Although I imagine you'll need a fair bit to get a decent price on a V6.

M

M7CUO_V6

Ive only got 2 years ncb, that could be the problem. I was gona be paying £1400 for the v6, thats partly why wana change. I would pay this but not 100% happy with the car.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
I have been lucky enough to drive the VX220 Turbo and it's bloody fantastic. If you want a racing car then this must be the boy.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
cuore sportivo said:
you french lovers need to try a bit of italian, we all know they make the most stylish and passionate cars.

my choice for 12k would be a beautiful red alfa romeo 156 GTA, with black and tan leather. It is the best sounding and looking V6 engine in prodution with 250 raging italian horses to propell you along.

i would spend about 11k on a 52/53plate example and spend another grand on intake, zaust and a remapp to really release the operatic tunes and take her upto about 270bhp+ easily.

so you can track her, take ur mates out in her and still have all the practicality of a family saloon.

as clarkson says ur not a true petrol head untill you've owned an alfa!!

I agree with you somewhat mate, love the 3.0 Litre GTV myself but although they all pretty much look the doggies they are more unreliable than out RS's!!

E91 M Sport
I agree with those who suggest RWD - its going to be generally more satisfying if you're using it for track work (perhaps the Trophy is the exception). But if its an everyday car as well I wouldn't get an Elise/VX - nice idea, but imagine a long drive home on a Friday evening in the rain with a headache and water dripping on your knee and some arsehole 318 up your ass.....(you get the picture ;))

M Roadster or M Coupe would be cool. I had one after my mk1 V6 and it was brilliant - super fast, could throw it around almost like a hot hatch....and powerslides, mmmmmm :approve: :cool:

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
M7CUO_V6 said:
Would love an EVO but they rape you on insurance! About double as much as vee! :S Think coz mostly imported.

I love the idea of all the fun of a elise or vx220 but would like to get some back seats back, r they miles better than a trophy performance wise??

I wanted to get an Evo or WRX before getting the 182, the insurance was well loads though, I think the cheapest insurance I could find was £2700, so gave it a miss. Still love the 182 though

M

M7CUO_V6

wow ive always loved/wanted one of them, have never found a rhd one before, well tempting! Not liking the interior much tho, outside looks awsome.

They are ment to handle the bolox too arnt they.