ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1145 Miles, 7 Days, 42.0 MPG - The Lakes

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
LOL! You had a first hand experience, like gold dust that is!

Win!

Youl have to find somewher closer next time so we can go for a few drinks (When i remember :eek:)

Did you get a Twentymans Icecream!?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My father would like a word with you. Kirkstone pass is not for shooting up and down in a "loud silver Clio with funny looking wheels".

LOL!

You should have said something you ghey! Didn't know it was this weekend you were up there. Kev (Gally) said it was soon :(

Not sure if SRS?

I wasn't even sure where exactly in the country you were though mate!!! When art thou down south?

Oh and that's Aira Force is it not?

Yes, yes it is. :) Are you nearby then mate?

It looks amazing up there man. Glad you had a good time. Any more info on where you stayed? website?. I NEED to get up there.

Details are in a post a few up mate.

Win!

Youl have to find somewher closer next time so we can go for a few drinks (When i remember :eek:)

Did you get a Twentymans Icecream!?

Yeah mate we did, lovely!

Cinder toffee ice cream, awesome.

this has just made me wanna go even more now as im going next month.. been going since was a little'n some fantastic views and roads

Lol, serious about dad spotting you, not serious about being annoyed.

Our place is just back from Patterdale towards the Kirkstone Pass. Aira Force doesn't look particularly blistering, lack of rain probably which is a shame.

Lol not at all. You should see the bikers and Porsche lightweights on a sunny weekend morning!

A4 blue avant.

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
love the lakes 2! did pretty much exactly the same as you last year in the cup, went to that waterfall in the middle of the forest! lol stayed at haweswater, climbed helvelyn with the missus and had an absolute riot on the roads! did you do the road that runs round the side of ullswater? absolutely epic when you get a free run! it eventually leads to the kirkstone pass, i wana b back there!

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
sorry for hijacking the thread slightly m8, just thought id post a few of when i was up there, not many of the car as those pics r on my fone wich is now smashed to bits! lol
DSCF0685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL, cheers welsh.

There won't be as much luggage no but we'll share a case and have a small holdall I think, I am MASSIVELY looking forward to blasting around with the top down, it's giving me crutch tingles just thinking about it!

New write up this year, bigger, better and faster (the lodge is bigger and better too)

P.s - Just to rub salt into the wound, I'm getting avg 34mpg out of my 3.0 6cyl. 38 on the motorway.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, cheers welsh.

There won't be as much luggage no but we'll share a case and have a small holdall I think, I am MASSIVELY looking forward to blasting around with the top down, it's giving me crutch tingles just thinking about it!

New write up this year, bigger, better and faster (the lodge is bigger and better too)

P.s - Just to rub salt into the wound, I'm getting avg 34mpg out of my 3.0 6cyl. 38 on the motorway.

My 1.6 4 cylinder averages 22 on the motorway and I've been too scared to work it out on normal driving...Oh yeah!

Friend of mine has recently got an Mk1 MX5, coilovers, camber, 8J XXR's on the front 9J on the back. Regardless of the weather (unless it's torrential rain) the roof is down. It's so much fun driving over the pennines etc with the roof off. Even through towns it's fun as everyone just looks at you strange.

Edition 30
My 1.6 4 cylinder averages 22 on the motorway and I've been too scared to work it out on normal driving...Oh yeah!

Friend of mine has recently got an Mk1 MX5, coilovers, camber, 8J XXR's on the front 9J on the back. Regardless of the weather (unless it's torrential rain) the roof is down. It's so much fun driving over the pennines etc with the roof off. Even through towns it's fun as everyone just looks at you strange.

Told you it's fun :D

Rob, trip looked great (Mrs did too).

Look forward to the Z write up.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I kind of want to do a weekend at the lakes. But it's properly pointless for me as it's so close and I can go and do a day up there driving anyway.

Saying that my friend has a boat on Lake Windermere. Fun times are had in the summer.

Clio 172 Cup
Kirkstone pass is awesome, been there a few times on the bikes, amazing views to. got info on the lodge's look quite swish.

Kawasaki ER6N
I'm heading to the lakes in june and can't wait as am picking the sk2 up tomorrow top down motoring is the way forward.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think I could live with that tbh. I thought my Mini was bad but that is rediculous.