ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10mm or 15mm spacers with Sportline springs?

Ph2 Clio 172
I have Cup shocks and Sportline springs on my 172 and plan to get some spacers. A couple of questions regarding the rears;

Do I go 10mm or 15mm? Will there be rubbing issues with either? I'm using OZ F1 wheels from a phase 1.
Do I get camber? I've got a couple of degrees up front, but not sure I need any more than standard at the rear with my current setup, and I don't plan on fitting coilovers.

Cheers.

Ph2 Clio 172
The wheels look lost in the arches at the moment. 5mm hardly seems worth it. I will be putting 25mm on the front as they are much further in.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I ran 15mm spacers on the back, 16mm on the front with et43 wheels, sportline springs and had no scrubbing even when fully loaded :) was close though at times on the back!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It depends on what profile tyres you run, 195 or 205. 195 you can do 15mm but 205 you need 10mm IMO.

Also it depends how much camber you have already. Have you had it measured?

Ph2 Clio 172
Rear is stock camber (can't remember what the figures are but it was within the green for the manufacturers defaults when it was last aligned).

I run 195 tyres. A 15mm with camber will bring the top of the tyres in to about the same distance as a flat 10mm, won't it?

Where should I measure for the current gap? Top of the tyre to the edge of the bodywork?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Rear is stock camber (can't remember what the figures are but it was within the green for the manufacturers defaults when it was last aligned).

I run 195 tyres. A 15mm with camber will bring the top of the tyres in to about the same distance as a flat 10mm, won't it?

Where should I measure for the current gap? Top of the tyre to the edge of the bodywork?

1 degree of camber is roughly 1mm at the hub flange. But I don't think it's quite 5mm at the tyre. It's more like 2.5-3mm.

Also I wouldn't run more than 2 degrees really. You might find one side is different to the other too so you may not want to fit camber spacers but get flat ones with corrective shims.