ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 gti, 200 Whp, 1st place, last place, finishes 6th!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is my good mate Dave. (Also does my bodywork on my retail stuff)

He races in the National Windscreens saloon championship.

He qualified 2nd on about a 25 car grid, just ahead of a 440 bhp Rover coupe!

Cut a long story short, he went in to the first and second corner in first position, either took a nudge or outbraked himself, got buried in rape seed, came out in last place and then proceeded to have the drive of his life!

I watched it at Combe last week and even the old boys stood next to me who don't even know him were shouting and pumping their fists as he just kept on overtaking!

Its a long vid, but good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Swift Sport
That's the best thing I've seen all day!

What the hell has he done to it, It's RAPID!

Great video... Don't care much for the other drivers, but having said that I noticed a lot of novice stickers.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Great drive, Norris in the type r and the bora didn't seem to be past by a 106 lol

Things absolutely flying!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its a Sandy Brown Engine. Been a long labour of love but its certainly capable of a lot!

His main rival is Nick Charles, he drives a dark red 106 built by Sandy too and he finished 1st in class.

Swift Sport
What have they done to the engine!? It's mental!

I love the level of commitment from his driving, you can tell him from me that he's a frickin' legend!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Good watch! Would love to see the lap times from him, 1st and 2nd (in class) for the race.
But that thing flies! Reminiscent of Gran Turismo when you pick a stupid power car against a cappuccino haha

And tell him to invest in a GoPro ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The car.

216030_196573243718882_100000986224113_499435_4499669_n.jpg

37212_153242614718612_100000986224113_259074_2854159_n.jpg

26929_100605709982303_100000986224113_3310_7998157_n.jpg

PH1 iceburg
Wow what a great watch. Dont normally watch these as they can be quite boring but that was some amazing driving.

LY R26
my mate had a skip brown conversion on his 205 gti, thing was mental to say the least. some good driving there, wish i had the time/money to do something like that.

Titanium 182
Awesome drive, I got really in to it and was willing him on when it got the 'teg and Bora!

The driver of the white Rover 25 seemed like a dick?

That 106 is savagely fast... The pick up literally leaves everyone standing out of the twisties and he seems to be able to out brake everything else on track!! :)

Wow I really enjoyed the vid, he drives the sht out of that 106, nice driving!! And that engine sounds like a beast! Hands down!! Any more videos?

Williams 3
Ahh, so that's what happened. Didn't realise he came off the track. I saw the Rover going round smoking. He made it quite far before retiring.

Great drive. Seemed so much quicker than all the others!

Do you know what his brake setup is and what tyres he was using?

Disastra Coupe
Brilliant. Definitely move's well! Sandy's build's are legendary though. Some good driving thrown into the mix and you've got a very capable car!

I love how many Saxo's/106's are on track too. Brilliant car's.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ahh, so that's what happened. Didn't realise he came off the track. I saw the Rover going round smoking. He made it quite far before retiring.

Great drive. Seemed so much quicker than all the others!

Do you know what his brake setup is and what tyres he was using?

406 V6 Brembo's and he runs the Yokohama tyres with 60% shaved off.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They always are mate, theres always loads of contact! :D

They're racing tomorrow at 3pm and 5pm.

Its live on telly too, Motors TV apparently.

Williams 3
Yeah, watched it on TV in the end!

Much better really, as you get to see all the action.

206 and the TT had a bit of drama. I see the 206 made it out for the 2nd race aswell. The TT driver did not look happy when he got out of the car!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I went in the paddock to have a wander round and Tony was beating the s**t out of the 206 with a hammer to get it ready for the second race! I don't know what went on because it was over just after camp and I was stood at Tower.

Another good days racing though. Wish I'd got someone to record it though.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Can't belive how that thing shifts - I'd like that engine in a white s1 rallye please :)