ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 inch sub for under £200

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ive got an amp with about 175W RMS. At the moment its running a 12W0 JL Audio sub. Im after something thats going to be tighter and louder!! Ive been thinking about a W3 but I thought Id get you opinions first. What are Rockford Fosgate subs like at this price??

Any advice much appreciated.

Rick

Ive got a 12" W0 JL Sub.. very nice for what I need.. Id DEFINETLY recommend JL Subs.. so the W3 or maybe W6 is the next logical step?

Daz.

350z & 16v Maxi

I would recomend on a budget for you to get a the new Kenwood class D amp (which thr RRP is £249.99 howeven can be done for £200) and 2 of the Polk dual 4 ohm subs so the amp will run at 1 ohm. Or wait for the Phoenix Gold Octane R range to come out and get the R5.0-1 which will be £349

Nice one, Ill have to buy it tonight. Although I might change my mind and get a new Head Unit instead. Decisions, decisions!!

Rick

hehe, You already have a decent sub mate! If your HU isnt that great, change that..

My system is only small - maybe going to add some components up front to go with my coxials, (and possibly some multimedia stuff) but I reckon my JL is perfect! Very very nice sound - and it goes loud enough for me!

Loadsa Decisions! hehe.

Daz.

I probably will just change my HU, cos its a pretty sh*t cheapo Sony one that Ive had for over a year. Does anyone know if say a mid range Pioneer one (around £280 cant remember the exact model!) will make a massive difference to sound quality. At the moment the bass has a tendency to sound a bit uncontrolled hence the reason why I was going to go for a 10 instead.

Rick

I love my Pioneer 6300R.. Does exactly what I need and a lot more - Sounds very nice aswell.

Daz.