ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 hours and crashed my racing blue 182

Mégane RS
i thought it'd be expensive to fix but didnt think it would cost that much, i got through the chase most nights and see them all the time, unlucky mate

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So gutted for you Dan. I know how much you wanted this car.

not sure what to say...:(

if it were me i would stump up/beg/borrow the cash to pay for the repair out of insurance. otherwise you'll have to sell the car next year because of insurance.

again, sorry to hear that. :(

chris

K20 EG Hatch
if they will let me i am going to get it collected and take it to another good garage i know. for anyone thats heard of it; richard wright's over stafford. i'm almost certain these guys will be cheaper but ideally i wanted it done at shorades, does CS think there is no chance they will go for the repair with shorade at that price?

As father and son....
i think dan'll be up for that. fuckin gutted for ya dan, Nicks reaction was less sympathetic!

Postpone our photoshoot then :(

Ph1 172 & others
F**King gutted for ya mate. A mate of mine bought an R33 Skyline GTS (next step down from GTR) and on the same day let his mum take it for a drive. She couldnt handle the power and stacked it into a Lamp post. he was gutted as it had taken him six months to source the car. So in some ways mate i know how you feel. Hope it gets sorted soon

RB 200 Cup!
s**t man! only 10 hours owning a car and that happens.. hope you wrote the f**king dear off. so many epople are getting hit by deers - you woulda thought something woulsd be done about it like high fences in bad areas or something. hope it all gets sorted in the end...

Tim

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Dan, an insurance company are never going to spend £7200 repairing a £10k car.

It beyond economical.

K20 EG Hatch
theres loads bullshit on there. they have put that it needs a new door and tailgate, they are untouched! also needs a new petrol tank, surely it dont :s

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Well I don't know much about car repairs but if the garage say it needs it, then it probably does. You have to ask the question - if you take it somewhere else and they don't see it and then in the future you have a problem with your door, or petrol tank - you'll know why they ear marked it in the first place.

Der Panzer
When I was in BATUS we had a truck hit a pronghorn. The RMP's went out to investigate and the thing was still alive. A young Cpl had to put it down. He came back to range control and was shaking like a leaf.

Big animals, lots of damage. :(

Lee

BMW M2C
Dan, Shorade have always been very expensive. Can't hurt to try Renault Wednesbusy - Bodymatters.

Enough about killing deer in this thread please folks. It's not nice.

H22A7 Accord Type R
i've scanned through some of this post.......all i can do is offer my advice mate.......s**t happens, insurance is paid for this very reason. There is more to life than a NCB, it IS just a car, it can be fixed or replaced.....its just life mate...I'd let a decent bodyshop give it a proper going over, and whatever a pukka qualified engineer finds it needs doing, i'd go with that.

Its a s**t mate, but, these things happen. Its a shame for the deer, and a shame for you, on 2 very different scales.

Good luck with it, Rob :)

R35 GTR
I think people comments about kicking the s**t out the dear are unacceptable, its not his fault for being stupid, if it was a stupid kid that jumped out would you be saying the same?

I am gutted for you though, as I know i'd be well and truly pissed off too.

As father and son....
incoming drama llama. Its a passing observation and if you htink anyone who said that WOULD actually go out and kick the daylights out of a deer you sir need a grip on reality.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Dan Page said:
if they will let me i am going to get it collected and take it to another good garage i know. for anyone thats heard of it; richard wright's over stafford. i'm almost certain these guys will be cheaper but ideally i wanted it done at shorades, does CS think there is no chance they will go for the repair with shorade at that price?

Its very border line matey... wots your excess?? it is usually 70% of the cars value and then they rite it off. Do you know what damage there is that cant be seen.... there is some serious money 7.2k..... am guessing the radiators are damaged....

As father and son....
ive heard of richard wright's at stafford, my dads had some work done there, ill have a yack to him tonite to see what he thought. 7.2K is madness :(

VRS
looking at the photos and from my badger experience, it does look like about 2.5ish max damage at the front but not sure where the 5k damage for the rear quarter comes from unless as stated earlier, there is some unseen damage somewhere :(

K20 EG Hatch
there is nothing on the list to how the car drives other than a £40 front engine mount! spoke to insurance and they are seding out an asessor to have alook at the damage and he says tomorow whether it goes through for repair or right off. the labour is 2.5k alone! i will post the full estimate tonight.

im feeling for u right now - the worse thing about all this is u never even crashed into another car, it was a deer! claim off the deers insurance or the who didnt put a fence on that road!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
D4ve F said:
im feeling for u right now - the worse thing about all this is u never even crashed into another car, it was a deer! claim off the deers insurance or the who didnt put a fence on that road!

Funny you should mention that, but had it been a cow, that had escaped through a badly maintained fence - surely you could claim off the farmer?

K20 EG Hatch
things may be looking up! just had an email from elephant after calling them this afternoon to check up.

Dear Mr Page

Our Claim Reference: 603235334
Date of Incident: 11/03/2006

We have asked an independent engineer to examine your car and providing all is in order, to also authorise the repairs.

The Independent engineer’s details are as follows:

Northern Assessors
Ferrous House
10/12 Wakefield Road,
Clayton West
Huddersfield
HD8 9QB

Telephone: 01484864430

You have a policy excess of £500 which you must pay to the garage.

If you need any further help, please email me at claims@elephant.co.uk

Yours sincerely

Angela James
CLAIMS DEPARTMENT

K20 EG Hatch
tomorow! :) if he looks at it and says ok, go ahead then i wont have the problem of trying to get insured on another one and starting a new policy as this one will just continue wont it?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Dan Page said:
there is nothing on the list to how the car drives other than a £40 front engine mount! spoke to insurance and they are seding out an asessor to have alook at the damage and he says tomorow whether it goes through for repair or right off. the labour is 2.5k alone! i will post the full estimate tonight.

wow.... that it is a lot of labour... infact thats massive!!! My TF took six weeks to rebuild and the labour was nowhere near that!!

172 Cup
I had a crash whilst saving up for my Cup, I lost 2yrs no claims and I thought I would never get insured on the Cup, I was considering not claiming because of this. But I did claim and my quote for the Cup went up by roughly £400, so not too bad, considering the payout was £2100.

I was relieved so say the least. ;)

172 Cup
Dan Page said:
the labour is 2.5k alone!

Claim. It's the only sensible thing to do, your insurance quote ain't gonna go up by that much is it? So claiming would be wise.

Not read whole thread (understandably) so if you have stated you're already going to claim, dismiss this post. haha

just remembered mate.. im 95% sure LABOUR isnt on the insurance quote..

they usually ask for just a quote for parts and materials.

so that brings the claim down to 5k.. this is only like 50% of the value so will more than likely be repaired..

insurance should carry on, then next year instead of dropping to like 1.5k it will stay around what your paying now..

Dan Page said:
it was £2400 for ten months on the 182. that was with 1 year ncb and i live in a rough area....

cant be as bad as here, IG (my postcode) has the highest postcode rating according to the clio sport article!

give the guy loads of cups of tea and cake, make sure hes happy get it fixed then make sure you look after it. :)

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
unlucky dude. i no how u feel, had my cup 3 months and some dozy cow drove in the front drivers wing, luckilly she hit the tire(it was turned to wards her on full lock) and broke all the suspension and not the body work or she cud have pushed the engine over/bent the chassie and written off the car. went through insurance(she managed to get it knock for knock, lying b1tch)and my insurance went from £1025(when i was 20) to £1390(following yr inc the claim, 21) wasnt as bad as i thought. the renewal quote was £1980 but foned up the same company and did a new quote for £1390. bit stupid but pays to fone around next yr!

hope u get it all sorted mate! at least ur ok!!!

**edit** just read the other posts and i am with elephant to, there quite understanding and my excess was £550. the damage to mine was around £1500 - £2000. insurance increase of £400 sounds about right!

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Dan Page said:
well i got out the car and looked and it was trying to get up but couldn't on just its too front legs as its rears were literally ripped off. i was so angry i was gonna go upto it and kick seven shades of sh*t outta it but when i seen blood coming outta its eyes and mouth but it was still squirming i thought thats just sick. Strange thing was it didn't die! had to wait for the police to come and they shot the f**ker in the head! lmao.....

might go out on a mad un now though and kill as many deers as possible.

what will that solve? s**t happens

sorry to see the damage, i bet your upset id just go with a claim and have it repaired at renault will be better when u come to sell it.