ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 hours and crashed my racing blue 182

K20 EG Hatch
before anyone says it, it wasn't too much of a jump being 20 and all.

I was driving down the hednesford road (anyone who knows cannock) from 5 ways island. Its a 40 and i was following a modeo giving the normal gap. About half way down the road there is a tallish hedge and being night and all the deers must have been in the field. Out of nowhere a deer jumped the hedge between me and the mondeo and there is totally nothing i can do at all but hit it clean on. It happened so fast, i dont think the deer even touched the floor properly.

The damage:
whole front end looks fucked, hit the deer offside front on and then it must have bounced down the side of my car and dented the rear quater in.

I had collected my car from the garage where i bought it ten hours before this! totally gutted, after only just being able to get insurance i am going to loose my no claims and also worried about being able to get insured next year after claiming. I would get a loan and pay for it myself but i reckon its gonna be atleast a couple thousand. Reckon it could be a write off? It seemed to drive home ok and still in a straight line, is it likely to have damaged any part of how the car "works" or does it look to you guys more just like panel damage?

I am soooo pissed off and upset over it :(

Its going into shorade, probably the best body shop round cannock and surrounding areas tomorow for the estimate and hopefully be repaired.

DSCN0936.gif

DSCN0935.gif

DSCN0934.gif

DSCN0933.gif

DSCN0932.gif

106 GTi
Gutted chap. Mate got hit by a Deer on his GSXR-750, he said that it came out of nowhere to.

feel for u so much mate, a real shame and u havent really had much time to enjoy it. hope u get it sorted soon !!

Golf GTI 1.8T
OMFG!! :eek: thats well harsh mate!!

shame it damaged the rear panel, wouldnt have been too bad if it werent for that!!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
If you only replace parts that HAVE to be replaced, and maybe used your own cheaper sourced parts that looks more than repairable, an entire new front end for my 1.4 using new parts came to just over 2,000.

I say this if you go out of your own pocket, eg, the rear quarter doesnt need repaiering, you can leave that till you have the money.. going this route would also save you no claims.

I hope your okay, i know how it feels, a friend of mini had his car for 6 hours then a deer wrote it off, as well as badly damaging my car. I hope you get it sorted.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mate that's terrible, I bet you feel sick.

I've had the same thing happen to me near there, on the stretch between Brownhills and the A5 island, luckily I didn't hit the dear.

Vee dub
Bad news mate, must be gutted

We have alot of Deer around our way and I just hope nothing like this happens to us!

All the best getting it sorted

Tom

Maz

LY 200
OMG sooooooooooo soon or even at all .. really feel for you mate ..

Hope you get it sorted

Marie :)

bet you feel like commiting suicide

10 hours!?!

and after people said on here watch you dont crash it, bet you feel like they jinxed you!

gutted for ya.

id say theres a few k's worth of damage there..

you either claim, and just hope the insurance isnt too bad next year.
or try and pay for it out your own pocket.

if you do it out your own pocket youd be best trying to source bits second hand to fit.
but it could still be quite costly, and no doubt the amount its going to cost to repair it will be far more than the insurance will increase next year..

K20 EG Hatch
GuyS said:
bet you feel like commiting suicide

10 hours!?!

and after people said on here watch you dont crash it, bet you feel like they jinxed you!

gutted for ya.

id say theres a few k's worth of damage there..

you either claim, and just hope the insurance isnt too bad next year.
or try and pay for it out your own pocket.

if you do it out your own pocket youd be best trying to source bits second hand to fit.
but it could still be quite costly, and no doubt the amount its going to cost to repair it will be far more than the insurance will increase next year..
yeah ur right mate, im gonna go through the insurance and claim i think. I will be 21 next year when i renew so that should help things at least a lil bit. grrrr......

Lee: there seems to be alot more deer round this area than say just 5 years ago! Shorade is the best place to do the work round cannock?

Lee

BMW M2C
Shorade do have a very good reputation. Other than a Renault body shop I'd go with Shorade.

Renault Wednesbury Bodymatters are very good if you want to try an official Renault bodyshop.

theres a fair bit of deer round here

i flew down this road and a deer was just stood at the side of the road staring across a field.. i was praying that it didnt run out infront of me at 60+

luckily it just stayed there.. i craped myself.

your insurance will drop ALOT when you hit 21..

i rang round alot of insurance places and only admiral/bell/elephant would even quote me! everyone said i would have to be 21

costs me 1750 at 20 with 2 years no claims, got a quote at 21 with 3 years no claims for 989 from directline.

at 21 with a claim your probably looking at around 2k to insure..

say your paying nearly that now at 20.. its not worth paying out 2k+ to repair it.

Lee

BMW M2C
.Griff. said:
Deers? Cannock? I've never seen any round there..

You know the road between Brownhills and the large A5 roundabout with the two pubs on it? They often just stroll across the road there. There are a lot of comical warning signs. I tend to use that stretch to pass people....:eek:

damn mate, was well jealous when i saw u had got one yesterday i still am as it goes because you will have it back on the road in no time!
gutted for you, must be great to finally get a 182, id be devastated if i crashed it.
If insurance are paying for it, and the renault body shop is any good near you take it there, probably be double the price tho. Get the parts from a breakers/ebay.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
As i said previously it wont cost over £2k to repair. If you source part yourself, do as much of the work you can yourself, your looking at around £1k

Yaris Hybrid
God I feel really sorry for you, that is terrible luck.

I think it sucks that insurance companies penalise you for claiming under those circumstances as its not like it makes you a higher risk of claiming again but then I guess for all they know a person could have lost control and hit something else and just blamed it on a deer.

I am dropping from Comp to TPFT on my motorcycle as I figure in most circumstances I'd rather pay out of my pocket than make a claim that would result in me getting shafted on both my bike and car insurance premiums.

I was driving down a dual carraigeway last night doing about 80 and suddenly saw blood smeered all down the road and then bits of guts and stuff. It got my attention and I just managed to spot a badger laying in the road! I couldn't avoid it and it went between my wheels and I was waiting for the crack of my splitter being smashed to pieces but it must have cleared it by a hairs width. Sometimes your lucky and sometimes your not I guess.

and he could stuff the head and put it on one of them wooden plaques fr his bedroom wall :D

probbly got a racing blue 'gordini' stripe down his head.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
m8 if the car drives ok, id just fix the needed cosmetic damage. if you source it from scrap yard, it will be alot cheaper, maybe even under 500 if you good at looking. you dont have to get the panels sprayed for now really do you. this way you get to keep your no claims.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The Fatty said:
m8 if the car drives ok, id just fix the needed cosmetic damage. if you source it from scrap yard, it will be alot cheaper, maybe even under 500 if you good at looking. you dont have to get the panels sprayed for now really do you. this way you get to keep your no claims.

thats what i was thinking along the lines of

K20 EG Hatch
Claire said:
I do feel bad for you. but oddly enough I dont really care abou the car. I love animals too much for that and I'm really upset about the deer!

well i got out the car and looked and it was trying to get up but couldn't on just its too front legs as its rears were literally ripped off. i was so angry i was gonna go upto it and kick seven shades of s**t outta it but when i seen blood coming outta its eyes and mouth but it was still squirming i thought thats just sick. Strange thing was it didn't die! had to wait for the police to come and they shot the fucker in the head! lmao.....

might go out on a mad un now though and kill as many deers as possible.