ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10,000 miles and havent had an oil change

Yeah resonably, just a bit fiddly getting to the filter.

Oh and take the cover off the bottom so you dont get it covered in oil!

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 13 July 2004

Yeah resonably, just a bit fiddly getting to the filter.
Thats an understatement when it comes to any Renault...:D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

My 1.2 16v had no oil changes in 40,000 miles.

that ran fine. always kicked out 80bhp +

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 14 July 2004

My 1.2 16v had no oil changes in 40,000 miles.

that ran fine. always kicked out 80bhp +
When it was running... Kicked out 80bhp+, no you mean kicked out smoke.

Did you have it rolling roaded to confirm these figures Tom?

clio 182

dont care wot renault try and pass off no car should go much beyond 8k without oil change 16k oil and filter change 4 wot it costs its silly not to and cant do any damage

ST

Well mine is comin up for 9k, same oil since brand new, oct 03 regd 1.2 16v, my service is 18k, therefore if Renault dont think that it needs an oil change till then that suits me as the oil will be guaranteed for 18,000 miles, if there is any damage to the engine its under warrenty, they can deal with it as they made the service intervals!

Skoda Fabia vRS

the people at Renault garages themselves disagree that 18k is on ok service interval

when i was last in, the lads in parts there were talking to a parts fella from a VW dealership an they were asking each other what the service intervals are for each others ranges, both agreed that they were good selling points but terrible for the engines

ST

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 14 July 2004

the people at Renault garages themselves disagree that 18k is on ok service interval

when i was last in, the lads in parts there were talking to a parts fella from a VW dealership an they were asking each other what the service intervals are for each others ranges, both agreed that they were good selling points but terrible for the engines

I never said it was good for the engines, but if they think that the engines will be fine without an oil change for 18k thats up to them? But i aint payin them £50/60 to do it now.

personally think 12k is fine - longer service intervals are possible these days as the engine componenets are machined to much tigher tolerances, and as such do not produce as much debris during the running in phase - wich incidentally is the first 1500km or so.

You could change it but it wont do you any good or harm - might as well save time effort and money and have it done in another 2k.

18K servicing is to far inbetween but I wouldnt want to pay for servicing ever 10k or so.

Best cars at ones with variable servicing my parents Merc was never serviced after 30k+ I never bothered to see how much longer it had before it needed servicing.

Apparetly the VAG diesels can see 40k between services.