ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 AC Delete?

RS172 Flamer
Can somebody help me please... I was woundering if all I would need to do is fit an Auxilliary belt for the 1.6 without air con and just take my air con out? Or do I need to start altering pulleys and/or change the alternator?

clio1.6 16v
Ive been wanting to know exactly the same thing mate but I do think theres more involved than just bypassing the aircon.

clio1.6 16v
Ive had my clio for 4 years and have used aircon twice for a very short period of time. My window nearly always is open due to me smokin like a fappin tree.lol. I understand that if you dont need it then why would you carry it. Solutions?

RS172 Flamer
Ive had my clio for 4 years and have used aircon twice for a very short period of time. My window nearly always is open due to me smokin like a fappin tree.lol. I understand that if you dont need it then why would you carry it.

Yeah, that is exactly my point. I must have only ever used it once to see if it worked also and as said by Will, it's weight reduction and less strain on certain components :) Plus as it's a 1.6 I also have an electric sunroof so need for Air Con.

RS172 Flamer
Same setup to the 1*2 isn't it, I would just get a similar AC delete kit.

I have no idea, hence the thread lol. If it is then I have found two options:

1. K-tec £394.80 (Using a complete 172 alternator set up)
2. Pure Motorsport £145 (using non standard alternator bracket)

Listerine & Poledo
that extra 1/2hp will make all the difference when giving it skillz in da twistiez.

:rolleyes:

ever thought of just turning the AC off instead, remoe the majority of load from the engine, but still get chilled air on demand?

172/1.2/E30
Chilled air out of the vents necessary in England (and of course the rest of northern Europe)? :coffee:

Wouldn't remove the AC on 1.4/1.6 aswell.

Listerine & Poledo
Chilled air out of the vents necessary in England (and of course the rest of northern Europe)? :coffee:

I exist in a constant state of 18 degrees.

It's like my pacifier, without air-con, road rage would be of Incredible Hulk levels.

RS172 Flamer
As said previously, i don't use air con therefore i have no need for it. I didn't post this thread so that those who require air con to grief other as always unneccesarily. I simply want to know how to get rid!