ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4RT 98 dead

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
my Rt died today, suspect cambelt. whats chances of valves being fucked? enough clearence. only doing low revs when it went...

M

mini-valver

99% chance. Buy a second hand engine and replace it yourself, but do the belt while its out. Cheap and easy!

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Yep if the belts snapped I wouldn't bother stripping it, those engines are so cheap nowadays theres zero point!

Megane dci 130
I would repair it to be fair. THere so easy to work on! A good time to be learning if you ask me!

M

mini-valver

You can pick up an engine for £50! Valves will cost nearly as much, then belt, tensioner, Head set, head bolts etc tec

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
the belt hasnt snapped that i can see, was driving along and the power just went as i changed gear. belts look ok both there, . gonna get under bonnet on saturday with stepdad and see whats happenend..